Best Driver

Okay, so I'm not quite ready to purchase a new card, and my computer is not
the latest & greatest, but it works pretty well. However, I've been
upgrading the drivers of my NVIDIA GeForce 3 ti (64 mb), and have come to
the decision that the latest & greatest drivers may be a bit too much for
this card.
Which drivers would you experts recommend?
System stats:
512 mb SDRam
P4 -1.8 G
Win XP - SP2
I was running the 61.77 drivers, but reverted back to ver. 45.23. The 45.23
drivers seem to work pretty well, but I'm not sure if I've got the best
configuration for my system.
Any opinions?

Thanks!

> but reverted back to ver. 45.23. The 45.23
>drivers seem to work pretty well, but I'm not sure if I've got the best
>configuration for my system.

Yeah, those are fine. I like the 44.03's but any version close to that work
well IMO.

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> wrote in message
>> but reverted back to ver. 45.23. The 45.23
>>drivers seem to work pretty well, but I'm not sure if I've got the best
>>configuration for my system.
>
> Yeah, those are fine. I like the 44.03's but any version close to that
> work
> well IMO.
Do you know if the 45.23's support the 9.0C DirectX drivers?

>Do you know if the 45.23's support the 9.0C DirectX drivers?

It doesn't really matter because your card does not even support DirectX 9.0c.
I do have DirectX 9.0c installed for the OS though only because if you don't
have it up to date a game might complain that your not using the latest version
and also for any fixes or improvements they might have made to the earlier
DirectX features. So any driver version is OK as long as it supports the
DirectX features your video card actually does have.
If I remember right your post was about either a Geforce 3 - Ti200 or a Geforce
4 - 4200 the 45.23's surely support all the DirectX features both of those
cards have. The Geforce 4 is a DirectX 8.1 and if I remember right the Geforce
3 - Ti200 is as well. I'm not sure what exact version started the support for
8.1, but it was quite a few versions before the 45.23's.

So to answer your question yes the 45.23's work fine with DirectX 9.0c, but
support only the DirectX 8.1 features your card has.

TRENDING THREADS