display switching to 640x480 res?!

Rocky

About once every couple of weeks, the display is switching from my usual res
of 1024x7687 to 480x640, usually while I am just browsing a webpage.

It's a bit tricky to do anything about it because the display is offset and
only the top left of the screen is visible, and where the mouse pointer is
displayed is not actually where it is - if you know what I mean.

Anyone heard of this before?

Rocky.

Rocky wrote:
> About once every couple of weeks, the display is switching from my usual res
> of 1024x7687 to 480x640, usually while I am just browsing a webpage.
>
> It's a bit tricky to do anything about it because the display is offset and
> only the top left of the screen is visible, and where the mouse pointer is
> displayed is not actually where it is - if you know what I mean.
>
> Anyone heard of this before?
>
> Rocky.

Did you change desktop resolutions with the nVidia display applet as
opposed to the standard Windows display properties applet? I think this
behaviour pops up if you change res using the nVidia applet. It might
have something to do with the refresh rates in the two different applets
being different.