What time will the next GTA be?

I mean, we had the late nineties, the eighties, the early
eighties and in GTA2 it was the future.

I personally liked GTA2 very much. The Futura GT was quite a cool
car and so were the radio stations.

So, how about the next 3D GTA being settled in the near or even
not so near future? Wouldn't it be cool to see the electro finger
having its comeback?

CU, Venty

"Martin Ebnoether" <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote in message
>I mean, we had the late nineties, the eighties, the early eighties and in
>GTA2 it was the future.
>
> I personally liked GTA2 very much. The Futura GT was quite a cool car and
> so were the radio stations.
>
> So, how about the next 3D GTA being settled in the near or even not so
> near future? Wouldn't it be cool to see the electro finger having its
> comeback?
>
> CU, Venty

1960's or 1970's for me every time - think of the Goodfellas style musical
possibilites!

About Half passed Seven PM..............GMT of course!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....why, other guards, of course!

In message <42e629b1$0$1160$5402220f@news.sunrise.ch>
Martin Ebnoether <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

> I mean, we had the late nineties, the eighties, the early
> eighties and in GTA2 it was the future.

Three weeks into the future to be exact.

I really liked the George Orwell quote on the first page, it gave me a
good idea of what to expect in the game believe it or not. Not quite
1984 though, but almost.

Cheers,
Rob

I expect they will just try a bunch of different cities, Tokyo and such.

Chris Wright wrote:
> "Martin Ebnoether" <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote in message
>> I mean, we had the late nineties, the eighties, the early eighties and in
>> GTA2 it was the future.
>>
>> I personally liked GTA2 very much. The Futura GT was quite a cool car and
>> so were the radio stations.
>>
>> So, how about the next 3D GTA being settled in the near or even not so
>> near future? Wouldn't it be cool to see the electro finger having its
>> comeback?
>>
>> CU, Venty
>
> 1960's or 1970's for me every time - think of the Goodfellas style musical
> possibilites!

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Chris Wright wrote:
> "Martin Ebnoether" <martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote in message
>>I mean, we had the late nineties, the eighties, the early eighties and in
>>GTA2 it was the future.
>>
>> I personally liked GTA2 very much. The Futura GT was quite a cool car and
>> so were the radio stations.
>>
>> So, how about the next 3D GTA being settled in the near or even not so
>> near future? Wouldn't it be cool to see the electro finger having its
>> comeback?
>>
>> CU, Venty
>
> 1960's or 1970's for me every time - think of the Goodfellas style musical
> possibilites!

I'd like to see a 70's-era game because I'd like to see cars modeled after
the AMC Pacer and Gremlin.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

aa #2133
ap #19

>> 1960's or 1970's for me every time - think of the Goodfellas style
>> musical
>> possibilites!
>
> I'd like to see a 70's-era game because I'd like to see cars modeled after
> the AMC Pacer and Gremlin.

It's interesting how people look for different things for their perfect GTA.
For me it's mostly about the music, for you it's about the cars and
suchlike. Maybe that's what made Vice City so great, it had something for
everyone.

I'm looking for good music, a huge city with out the country side. The
country side is fun but if they had it I wish they'd fill it more with
interestin stuff((like Bigfoot lol)). Destructible buildings like
Mercenaries POD. Maybe have it so like in that game they reappear over
time or you can't destory main story missions. Online mode cause that
would be awesome the peds be replaced by people you can fight it out
with and just steal cars and stuff.
They might use like midwest USA since they used NYC style, Miama style,
LA,SA,LV style. Next is Chicago?

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Chris Wright wrote:
>>> 1960's or 1970's for me every time - think of the Goodfellas style
>>> musical
>>> possibilites!
>>
>> I'd like to see a 70's-era game because I'd like to see cars modeled
>> after
>> the AMC Pacer and Gremlin.
>>

> It's interesting how people look for different things for their perfect
> GTA.
> For me it's mostly about the music, for you it's about the cars and
> suchlike. Maybe that's what made Vice City so great, it had something for
> everyone.

The music was much better in Vice City than in San Andreas. If SA had a
more diverse soundtrack like VC did, I'd be talking about the music a lot
more. I like some rap, but SA had way too much.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

aa #2133
ap #19

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:16:49 +0200, Martin Ebnoether
<martin.ebnoether@web.de> wrote:

>I mean, we had the late nineties, the eighties, the early
>eighties and in GTA2 it was the future.
>
>I personally liked GTA2 very much. The Futura GT was quite a cool
>car and so were the radio stations.
>
>So, how about the next 3D GTA being settled in the near or even
>not so near future? Wouldn't it be cool to see the electro finger
>having its comeback?

Don't they usually have the music of the era on the radios? A bit
tricky for a game set in the future!

andyt

Andy Turner schrieb:

> Don't they usually have the music of the era on the radios? A bit
> tricky for a game set in the future!

Well it worked for GTA2. And frankly, I liked the soundtrack of
that game a lot. "Taxi Drivers must die" by Bulamatari is the
coolest Song ever to have been played in a videogame!

CU, Venty