PCI-X graphics cards?

Hi,

Are there any PCI-X (not PCI-E) graphics cards?

Are there any x8 PCI-E graphics cards, or are they all x16?

Thanks,

Michael
2 answers Last reply
More about graphics cards

    I had thought they were actually the same thing until I looked it up. In
    case anyone is interested:
    http://www.emulex.com/products/fc/pciex-faqs.html

    What is the difference between PCI-X 2.0 and PCIe?
    PCI-X 2.0 is the latest version of the PCI parallel bus architecture. While
    its performance will be far superior to PCI and its immediate successor
    PCI-X, going forward many believe that this architecture has only 3-5 years
    of life before the demands of the industry will force the industry to move
    to PCIe.

    "Michael McGarry" <mmcgarry@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any PCI-X (not PCI-E) graphics cards?
    >
    > Are there any x8 PCI-E graphics cards, or are they all x16?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael

    PCI-E cards are ALL designed for x16.

    --
    DaveW

    "Michael McGarry" <mmcgarry@nospam.org> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any PCI-X (not PCI-E) graphics cards?
    >
    > Are there any x8 PCI-E graphics cards, or are they all x16?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael

Nvidia PCI Graphics Cards PCI Express Graphics