nybody got any ideas...Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB Proble..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 16, 2004 5:45:55 AM

Hi not sure if anyone else has posted a query bout problems with Nvidia
GeForce FX 5200 128MB Video card with Latest Available Drivers 61.77

I am Running XP Pro, Recently Reinstalled fresh with Servicepack 1 and all
available updates, not sp2!
antivirus and firwall (norton 2004 pro and systemworks 2004)
AMD athlon 2600+ running at 2087mhz
Plenty of hard drive space
operating system on c partion 1 20 gb with bout 16 gb free
games and programs on c partion 2 20 gb with bout 15 gb free
misc files on c partion 3 72 gb with bout 10 gb free
ram 1 x 512mb ddr400 1 x 256mb ddr333
alcohol 120% used for images of games - working fine
most up to date motherboard drivers a7n8x revision 2.0 Deluxe motherboard
with 5.10 version drivers.
52/24/52 CW099D cyberdeive CDROM
all running on 80 pin ide cables (dma mode 5)
lan nvidia 10/100 working at round 70% (bout 8mb a second)
direct x 9.0c installed
i have tried but this is just to dam trying for me... i need help...

i use norton speed disk to defrag weekly, keep my norton recyle bin empty.
dont run any other power consuming programs while playing games...

i cant understand it, i have to change resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600
to get midnight club 2 to play networked properly, however my two flatmates
have identical a7n8x-x boards, amd athlon 2500+ with geforce 440 videocards
out performing mine!!! they can run at 1024x768 no worries... all identical
settings, only real difference is there r running windows 2000, and with
default videocard settings, supposed to be application controlled... also i
notice in any games where smoke is around, eg mohaa breakthrough, when first
starting game in single player mode when the sand is blowing round you it
slows... and also when burning rubber in car games or any kind of smoke game
performance dies in the ass...

requesting some advice... anybody got any fresh ideas or remedies/fixes...
am going to see if there updates for the games but i figure it cant be the
games... it has to be my videocard... just has to be... surely not
sincerely DVS
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 5:45:56 AM

CHAOS wrote:
> Hi not sure if anyone else has posted a query bout problems with
> Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB Video card with Latest Available Drivers
> 61.77
>
> I am Running XP Pro, Recently Reinstalled fresh with Servicepack 1
> and all available updates, not sp2!
> antivirus and firwall (norton 2004 pro and systemworks 2004)
> AMD athlon 2600+ running at 2087mhz
> Plenty of hard drive space
> operating system on c partion 1 20 gb with bout 16 gb free
> games and programs on c partion 2 20 gb with bout 15 gb free
> misc files on c partion 3 72 gb with bout 10 gb free
> ram 1 x 512mb ddr400 1 x 256mb ddr333
> alcohol 120% used for images of games - working fine
> most up to date motherboard drivers a7n8x revision 2.0 Deluxe
> motherboard with 5.10 version drivers.
> 52/24/52 CW099D cyberdeive CDROM
> all running on 80 pin ide cables (dma mode 5)
> lan nvidia 10/100 working at round 70% (bout 8mb a second)
> direct x 9.0c installed
> i have tried but this is just to dam trying for me... i need help...
>
> i use norton speed disk to defrag weekly, keep my norton recyle bin
> empty. dont run any other power consuming programs while playing
> games...
>
> i cant understand it, i have to change resolution from 1024x768 to
> 800x600 to get midnight club 2 to play networked properly, however my
> two flatmates have identical a7n8x-x boards, amd athlon 2500+ with
> geforce 440 videocards out performing mine!!! they can run at
> 1024x768 no worries... all identical settings, only real difference
> is there r running windows 2000, and with default videocard settings,
> supposed to be application controlled... also i notice in any games
> where smoke is around, eg mohaa breakthrough, when first starting
> game in single player mode when the sand is blowing round you it
> slows... and also when burning rubber in car games or any kind of
> smoke game performance dies in the ass...
>
> requesting some advice... anybody got any fresh ideas or
> remedies/fixes... am going to see if there updates for the games but
> i figure it cant be the games... it has to be my videocard... just
> has to be... surely not sincerely DVS

I'm certainly not one of the video experts in here but I can tell you I
bought an FX5200 256MB card to replace an older Ti4200 (GeForce4) to use
with an AMD 2800+ and was totally dissatisfied until I realized the new card
was slower than the old one. It took advantage of newer DirectX features
than the Ti4200 but had a slower memory clock speed and so ran everything
slower than before. I then replaced it with an FX5700LE that turned out to
be exactly the same speed as the lousy FX5200! I finally used my head and
came to this newsgroup and asked questions and finally ended up with a newer
(and much faster) FX6800. You kinda get what you pay for.

dvus
November 16, 2004 6:09:27 AM

Just my Luck.. go to nvidia and find an update. 66.93.. well ill try it and
get back to ya... i dont have much faith...
i need then to email me when new drivers arrive..
any comments welcome but...
Sincerely DVS

!