A7n8x 2.0 Deluxe audio problem

my m/board has onboard sound. front rear and center subwoofer, mic. it meant
to be dolby 5.1... however when running musicmatch 7.2 playing mp3s i can
only get sound from my front speakers, however if i play an mp3 with windows
media player it will clone the sound correctly to the rear speakers... got
m/board drivers 5.10 released sept. 2004 even says on the downlaod page for
the drivers that it will not clone for certain applications... how f##ked is
that...???? will only out put stereo on music match prior to musicmatch 8.1
might have to revert back to original drivers, and update all m/board
drivers bar audio just to get sound back.... blah!
comments welcome ideas and fixes appreciated..
no flaming please...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27.html
shows what applications they fixed...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10
says neumerous fixes didnt fix the one i needed... and still getting sound
dropouts if comp has been on for more than 24 hrs...
1 answer Last reply
More about a7n8x deluxe audio problem

    CHAOS wrote:
    > my m/board has onboard sound. front rear and center subwoofer, mic. it meant
    > to be dolby 5.1... however when running musicmatch 7.2 playing mp3s i can
    > only get sound from my front speakers, however if i play an mp3 with windows
    > media player it will clone the sound correctly to the rear speakers... got
    > m/board drivers 5.10 released sept. 2004 even says on the downlaod page for
    > the drivers that it will not clone for certain applications... how f##ked is
    > that...???? will only out put stereo on music match prior to musicmatch 8.1
    > might have to revert back to original drivers, and update all m/board
    > drivers bar audio just to get sound back.... blah!
    > comments welcome ideas and fixes appreciated..
    > no flaming please...
    >
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_4.27.html
    > shows what applications they fixed...
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10
    > says neumerous fixes didnt fix the one i needed... and still getting sound
    > dropouts if comp has been on for more than 24 hrs...

    Try a.c.p.asus for your motherboard and have you tried the 6.14beta
    drivers? DD5.1 works great here with them. http://www.nforcershq.com/

Nvidia Drivers Graphics