1000 cc bike

I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
the streets?

--
Mark
--

    Yeah... you get the FCR900 at least twice. Keep them. Should have room
    in a garage somewhere.

    T.

    "Mark C." wrote:

    > I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
    > know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
    > the streets?
    >
    > --
    > Mark
    > --
    > "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
    > what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.

    just keep watching out for bikes as you're driving around in a car and
    slam into one that looks like the right one. Do this until you have
    the thing. I think you also get the bike in a couple of missions
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    Mark C. wrote:
    > I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
    > know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
    > the streets?

    Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.

    Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
    map).
    Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
    Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
    When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
    (where you picked the race)
    Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
    Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
    you left it.

    tlai909@visto.com wrote:

    > Yeah... you get the FCR900 at least twice. Keep them. Should have room
    > in a garage somewhere.
    >
    > T.

    if I can just squeeze in next to all my tanks :O))

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <_OadnYHU26MXznvfRVn-qg@comcast.com>
    "Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote:

    > I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
    > know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
    > the streets?

    The FCR-900 is available from the bike school in Las Venturas when you
    get all gold.
    It's also available on the roads for you to nick, but I can't think of
    anywhere specific. LV would be a safe bet though.

    The HPV-1000 is the bike that the CHiPs style-cops use (the guys that
    look like the T1-000 in Terminator 2).
    They're pretty easy to come by, just hang around any road and one will
    creep past.

    Also, just like in GTAIII and VC, the cars spawn in batches. In other
    words drive a four door saloon car and more will start appearing on the
    roads, drive a large lorry and more will start appearing etc.

    Try riding the NRG-500 or PCJ600 bikes around, hopefully it will spawn
    an FCR-900 for you.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
    >
    > Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
    > map).
    > Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
    > Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
    > When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
    > (where you picked the race)
    > Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
    > Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
    > you left it.

    Why would you need to mark the spot?

    --
    Mark
    --
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
    what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > The FCR-900 is available from the bike school in Las Venturas when you
    > get all gold.
    > It's also available on the roads for you to nick, but I can't think of
    > anywhere specific. LV would be a safe bet though.
    >
    > The HPV-1000 is the bike that the CHiPs style-cops use (the guys that
    > look like the T1-000 in Terminator 2).
    > They're pretty easy to come by, just hang around any road and one will
    > creep past.
    >
    > Also, just like in GTAIII and VC, the cars spawn in batches. In other
    > words drive a four door saloon car and more will start appearing on the
    > roads, drive a large lorry and more will start appearing etc.
    >
    > Try riding the NRG-500 or PCJ600 bikes around, hopefully it will spawn
    > an FCR-900 for you.
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Rob

    Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
    Mark
    --
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
    what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Mark C. wrote:
    > "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
    > >
    > > Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
    > > map).
    > > Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
    > > Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
    > > When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
    > > (where you picked the race)
    > > Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
    > > Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
    > > you left it.
    >

    > Why would you need to mark the spot?

    You don't need to if you remember where you started. It just makes it
    easier.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > Mark C. wrote:
    >> "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
    >> >
    >> > Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
    >> > map).
    >> > Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
    >> > Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
    >> > When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
    >> > (where you picked the race)
    >> > Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
    >> > Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
    >> > you left it.
    >>

    >> Why would you need to mark the spot?
    >
    > You don't need to if you remember where you started. It just makes it
    > easier.

    Ah, Soooo... :)

    --
    Mark
    --
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
    what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Mark C." wrote:

    > > The FCR-900 is available from the bike school in Las Venturas when you
    > > get all gold.
    > > It's also available on the roads for you to nick, but I can't think of
    > > anywhere specific. LV would be a safe bet though.
    > >
    > > The HPV-1000 is the bike that the CHiPs style-cops use (the guys that
    > > look like the T1-000 in Terminator 2).
    > > They're pretty easy to come by, just hang around any road and one will
    > > creep past.
    > >
    > > Also, just like in GTAIII and VC, the cars spawn in batches. In other
    > > words drive a four door saloon car and more will start appearing on the
    > > roads, drive a large lorry and more will start appearing etc.
    > >
    > > Try riding the NRG-500 or PCJ600 bikes around, hopefully it will spawn
    > > an FCR-900 for you.
    > >

    > > Cheers,
    > > Rob
    >
    > Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
    > Mark
    > --
    > "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
    > what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.

    which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :O)
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42E73948.B2DD558B@blueyonder.co.uk>
    Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > > Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
    > > Mark
    >
    > which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :O)

    How odd, in certain areas it's spawned all the better bikes on the
    road, namely FCR's, NRG's and PJC's for me.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Mark C. wrote:
    >> "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
    >> >
    >> > Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
    >> > map).
    >> > Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
    >> > Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
    >> > When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
    >> > (where you picked the race)
    >> > Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
    >> > Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
    >> > you left it.
    >>

    >> Why would you need to mark the spot?
    >
    > You don't need to if you remember where you started. It just makes it
    > easier.

    You can also just put it in one of your garages and let the timer run down.

    Do the same to get a Phoenix (San Fierro Hills) if you want one, they do not
    appear anywhere else in the game. Also, you can get a Hunter this way (Heli
    Hell) and stash it in the big hanger at your airstrip if you are unable to
    get all golds in pilot school, and a Hydra (Military Service) a lot earlier
    than the mission that gives you one.

    Rob
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <42E73948.B2DD558B@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > > Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
    > > > Mark
    > >
    > > which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :O)
    >
    > How odd, in certain areas it's spawned all the better bikes on the
    > road, namely FCR's, NRG's and PJC's for me.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    > | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    > | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

    It is a strange one. Vice City was bad for it spawning what you
    drove/rode but SA isn't as hard and fast a rule. Certainly some of the
    more exotic cars don't spawn all over if you're driving them. I could
    do with it spawning a few patriots when I have one! Don't ask me why
    the urgent need, I just love this car AND it has four seats!
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
    fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
    as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.

    Phil Hibbs.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > In message <42E73948.B2DD558B@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> > Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
    >> > Mark
    >>
    >> which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :O)
    >
    > How odd, in certain areas it's spawned all the better bikes on the
    > road, namely FCR's, NRG's and PJC's for me.
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    > | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    > | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

    NRG's never spawn in LV for me even if I'm riding one. Weird! Anywhere but
    LV.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    PhilHibbs wrote:

    > I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
    > fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
    > as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.
    >
    > Phil Hibbs.

    no, I think you're right about the 500
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
    > fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
    > as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.

    Aaah - but I recall someone on this group saying they'd garaged a pizza
    moped because they are so rare, and I've seen two in each of my last two
    evening sessions, and one in the session before that. When I went through SA
    the first time, I garaged one on the basis it was supposed to be a rare
    find, only to see them all over the place. It was the first casualty when I
    needed the space.

    So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
    white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC. I've
    grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on my
    travels...
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    G Hardy wrote:

    > "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
    > > fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
    > > as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.
    >
    > Aaah - but I recall someone on this group saying they'd garaged a pizza
    > moped because they are so rare, and I've seen two in each of my last two
    > evening sessions, and one in the session before that. When I went through SA
    > the first time, I garaged one on the basis it was supposed to be a rare
    > find, only to see them all over the place. It was the first casualty when I
    > needed the space.

    They are still rare, but when you see them they come in spurts, so to
    speak :O) I was driving one over that oil field and found another two
    parked there!

    > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
    > white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC. I've
    > grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on my
    > travels...

    Just that flower power VW really.
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
    > > white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC.
    I've
    > > grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on
    my
    > > travels...
    >
    > Just that flower power VW really.

    Oh well. Even that appears to have lost its uniqueness, now it's white!
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    G Hardy wrote:

    > > > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
    > > > white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC.
    > I've
    > > > grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on
    > my
    > > > travels...
    > >
    > > Just that flower power VW really.
    >
    > Oh well. Even that appears to have lost its uniqueness, now it's white!

    :O) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
    am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
    during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > :O) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
    > am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
    > during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.

    The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a Range
    Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
    different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
    classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
    designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.

    If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
    you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
    meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
    Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
    power.

    I'll have to try taking Jizzy's bodyguard out and keeping the car. My old
    one was "emergency" orange!
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    TV's G Hardy wrote:
    >> :O) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
    >> am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
    >> during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.
    >
    > The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a
    > Range
    > Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
    > different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
    > classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
    > designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.

    Like most of the cars in GTA, the body of the car is modeled after a car
    (the RR in this case) and the front clip is modeled after another. I'm not
    sure what car the front clip is from...and this could possibly be an
    exception to the above rule and it not be based on any car.

    > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but
    > once
    > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
    > meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
    > Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
    > power.

    When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough driver
    in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the ground
    on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
    wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to drive
    it. It was a lot of fun though.

    --

    Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
    A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

    aa #2133
    ap #19
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    G Hardy wrote:

    > > :O) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
    > > am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
    > > during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.
    >
    > The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a Range
    > Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
    > different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
    > classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
    > designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.
    >
    > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
    > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
    > meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
    > Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
    > power.
    >
    > I'll have to try taking Jizzy's bodyguard out and keeping the car. My old
    > one was "emergency" orange!

    :O) One of our relatives has the posh new one, the one with gills in
    front of the doors... the Vogue? I suppose at £40 odd thousand it's
    not badly priced for a slab of pretty good looking luxury.

    Looking at the Huntley on one website just now it almost looks like
    they were so scared they crossed it with one of those Jeeps.
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    towelie wrote:

    > TV's G Hardy wrote:
    > >> :O) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
    > >> am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
    > >> during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.
    > >
    > > The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a
    > > Range
    > > Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
    > > different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
    > > classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
    > > designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.
    >
    > Like most of the cars in GTA, the body of the car is modeled after a car
    > (the RR in this case) and the front clip is modeled after another. I'm not
    > sure what car the front clip is from...and this could possibly be an
    > exception to the above rule and it not be based on any car.
    >
    > > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but
    > > once
    > > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
    > > meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
    > > Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
    > > power.
    >
    > When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough driver
    > in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the ground
    > on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
    > wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to drive
    > it. It was a lot of fun though.
    >
    > --
    was this the little beast that had a reputation for flipping? Too high
    off the ground etc?

    Personally I don't drive, though I have tried, unsuccessfully, to
    drive a triumph herald and to ride a Honda 50 and a BSA Bantam or some
    such, all with disastrous results. I can just about manage an electric
    trolley! :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
    >> > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but
    >> > once
    >> > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine
    >> > meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
    >> > Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its
    >> > own
    >> > power.
    >>
    >> When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough
    >> driver
    >> in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the
    >> ground
    >> on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
    >> wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to
    >> drive
    >> it. It was a lot of fun though.
    >>
    >> --
    > was this the little beast that had a reputation for flipping? Too high
    > off the ground etc?

    That and narrow tires. Although the one I drove had wider and lower profile
    than the factory tires.

    Here are a couple of links:

    http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv4.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=384051&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=3215&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=456975

    http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/tech/history2.htm

    > Personally I don't drive, though I have tried, unsuccessfully, to
    > drive a triumph herald and to ride a Honda 50 and a BSA Bantam or some
    > such, all with disastrous results. I can just about manage an electric
    > trolley! :O)

    The first time I drove was at age 11. By the time I was 16, I had been
    driving on back roads (and everywhere after age 14) enough that I had 5
    years of experience. They should teach kids to learn to drive starting at
    an earlier age, possibly using go-karts at first.

    --

    Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
    A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
    - Maynard James Keenan

    aa #2133
    ap #19
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <S7gGe.14319$zp1.11500@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
    "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

    > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
    > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car.

    A little off-topic, but has anyone taken note of what happens to the
    wheels on SUV's when you're in the air? The kind of curl inwards, it
    seems they've got proper physics for the suspension.

    > I'll have to try taking Jizzy's bodyguard out and keeping the car. My old
    > one was "emergency" orange!

    Mine's that goldeny yellow colour, like the one in Lay4r Cak3.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    > :O) One of our relatives has the posh new one, the one with gills in
    > front of the doors... the Vogue? I suppose at £40 odd thousand it's
    > not badly priced for a slab of pretty good looking luxury.

    Mine was about £800. I spent £320 putting mud terrain tyres on it, hammered
    it through lots of mud, then sold it for £700 and kept the tyres!
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    G Hardy wrote:

    > > :O) One of our relatives has the posh new one, the one with gills in
    > > front of the doors... the Vogue? I suppose at £40 odd thousand it's
    > > not badly priced for a slab of pretty good looking luxury.
    >
    > Mine was about £800. I spent £320 putting mud terrain tyres on it, hammered
    > it through lots of mud, then sold it for £700 and kept the tyres!

    spawny sod!
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    towelie wrote:

    > >> When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough
    > >> driver
    > >> in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the
    > >> ground
    > >> on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
    > >> wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to
    > >> drive
    > >> it. It was a lot of fun though.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > > was this the little beast that had a reputation for flipping? Too high
    > > off the ground etc?
    >
    > That and narrow tires. Although the one I drove had wider and lower profile
    > than the factory tires.
    >
    > Here are a couple of links:
    >
    > http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv4.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=384051&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=3215&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=456975
    >
    > http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/tech/history2.htm

    that x-90 was probably the ugliest hairdresser's car ever :O)

    > > Personally I don't drive, though I have tried, unsuccessfully, to
    > > drive a triumph herald and to ride a Honda 50 and a BSA Bantam or some
    > > such, all with disastrous results. I can just about manage an electric
    > > trolley! :O)
    >
    > The first time I drove was at age 11. By the time I was 16, I had been
    > driving on back roads (and everywhere after age 14) enough that I had 5
    > years of experience. They should teach kids to learn to drive starting at
    > an earlier age, possibly using go-karts at first.

    I wish I had before I lost the ability to remember things. I was about
    fifteen when dad tried to get me to drive the herald. I think he just
    couldn't be bothered as i didn't show Stirling Moss capabilities on
    first attempt, just like I wasn't the best person at kicking a ball.

    Now you mention gokarts I have driven stuff like that in fairgrounds
    etc it's just the coordination thing, so having gears, clutch, brakes
    and acceleration is too much and confuses me.

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <S7gGe.14319$zp1.11500@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
    > "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
    >
    > > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
    > > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car.
    >
    > A little off-topic, but has anyone taken note of what happens to the
    > wheels on SUV's when you're in the air? The kind of curl inwards, it
    > seems they've got proper physics for the suspension.

    you notice these things too? Cool isn't it?

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:02:07 +0000, G Hardy wrote:

    > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting,

    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_bulletproof.txt
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    bryan wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:02:07 +0000, G Hardy wrote:
    >
    > > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting,
    >
    > http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_bulletproof.txt

    Referer Link Error

    On every single HTML page of GameFAQs is the following request:
    Feel free to link to this page, but not directly to the FAQs..

    You're seeing this error message because it appears that you're
    linking from an external site directly to one of
    the text files stored at GameFAQs. GameFAQs is not a free public
    file server. Bandwidth costs money, and
    when sites link directly to files stored on the site, it becomes
    both a financial and resource drain. We've tried
    asking, but some sites simply don't care, so now we've implemented a
    technical solution.

    Your browser is reporting that you linked to a GameFAQs-hosted FAQ
    from

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Referer Link Error

    Not for me.

    I had loads of errors because I'd disabled GameFAQs on our router (I'm a bit
    of a snotty git when it comes to our lad buying a game and then hitting the
    internet for cheats within 10 minutes of getting it in the door).

    When I worked out how I'd done it (it was some time ago) and reversed the
    block, I got straight to the page.

    Email me off-group (munged email address should be obvious to anyone who can
    spell) and I'll send the text file. I'm away from my PC for a week at the
    start of August, though, so don't get stroppy if it doesn't arrive as
    quickly as you expect...
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    G Hardy wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    > > Referer Link Error
    >
    > Not for me.
    >
    > I had loads of errors because I'd disabled GameFAQs on our router (I'm a bit
    > of a snotty git when it comes to our lad buying a game and then hitting the
    > internet for cheats within 10 minutes of getting it in the door).
    >
    > When I worked out how I'd done it (it was some time ago) and reversed the
    > block, I got straight to the page.
    >
    > Email me off-group (munged email address should be obvious to anyone who can
    > spell) and I'll send the text file. I'm away from my PC for a week at the
    > start of August, though, so don't get stroppy if it doesn't arrive as
    > quickly as you expect...

    it's okay, it's cos I used netscape instead of IE
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:07:57 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

    > bryan wrote:
    >>
    >> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:02:07 +0000, G Hardy wrote:
    >>
    >> > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting,
    >>
    >> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_bulletproof.txt
    >
    > Referer Link Error

    well, that's irritating.

    gamefaqs earn more than enough money from the adverts on their site.
    they don't lose money if you go straight to a page... they just get snotty
    if you don't go through pages of adverts to get to what you want.

    for what it's worth, i've been on the net for so long now not only do i
    not click on these adverts, i don't even notice them now.

    if you're interested in the bullet-proof faq, answer this post with your
    email address (munged) and i'll send it to you.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    bryan wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:07:57 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
    >
    > > bryan wrote:

    > >> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_bulletproof.txt
    > >
    > > Referer Link Error
    >
    > well, that's irritating.
    >
    > gamefaqs earn more than enough money from the adverts on their site.
    > they don't lose money if you go straight to a page... they just get snotty
    > if you don't go through pages of adverts to get to what you want.
    >
    > for what it's worth, i've been on the net for so long now not only do i
    > not click on these adverts, i don't even notice them now.
    >
    > if you're interested in the bullet-proof faq, answer this post with your
    > email address (munged) and i'll send it to you.

    It seemed to be because I accidentally tried to link through netscape,
    where I read the newsgroups, rather than IE. It's happened once or
    twice that way before
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42EA488E.C529FA47@blueyonder.co.uk>
    Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > you notice these things too? Cool isn't it?

    Indeed, it's almost as cool as using the Rhino's turret to flip it back
    over (SRIMEC) :o)

    Cheers,
    Rob
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <42EA488E.C529FA47@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > you notice these things too? Cool isn't it?
    >
    > Indeed, it's almost as cool as using the Rhino's turret to flip it back
    > over (SRIMEC) :o)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    still haven't done that as I never seem to flip it. I've had it
    explode on me once, which is better than the other games.

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42EB50F1.5C7B6E8C@blueyonder.co.uk>
    Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > still haven't done that as I never seem to flip it. I've had it
    > explode on me once, which is better than the other games.

    I'm not sure if this is totally acurrate, but the SA Rhino's seem to
    take a lot more punishment before they explode. Even when you get one
    upside down it seems significantly longer before it explodes when
    compared to GTAIII and VC.

    Cheers,
    Rob
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <42EB50F1.5C7B6E8C@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > still haven't done that as I never seem to flip it. I've had it
    > > explode on me once, which is better than the other games.
    >
    > I'm not sure if this is totally acurrate, but the SA Rhino's seem to
    > take a lot more punishment before they explode. Even when you get one
    > upside down it seems significantly longer before it explodes when
    > compared to GTAIII and VC.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    > | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    > | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

    I couldn't even work out why this one exploded. I know the old ones
    would go when something exploded under them and this seemed the same
    yet nothing was near me, it was just cruising and boom! (I say
    cruising but that was with half the world chasing it)
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42ED2890.F0075D73@blueyonder.co.uk>
    Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > I couldn't even work out why this one exploded. I know the old ones
    > would go when something exploded under them and this seemed the same
    > yet nothing was near me, it was just cruising and boom! (I say
    > cruising but that was with half the world chasing it)

    To tell you the truth, I'm still a little bit annoyed that thoughout
    the games only GTA2 has an army that actually fire their tank's turrets
    at you.

    I imagine in GTAIII, VC and SA it would make escaping the law *really*
    difficult, but I still wish I could have a proper firefight with them
    :o)

    Cheers,
    Rob
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <42ED2890.F0075D73@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > I couldn't even work out why this one exploded. I know the old ones
    > > would go when something exploded under them and this seemed the same
    > > yet nothing was near me, it was just cruising and boom! (I say
    > > cruising but that was with half the world chasing it)
    >
    > To tell you the truth, I'm still a little bit annoyed that thoughout
    > the games only GTA2 has an army that actually fire their tank's turrets
    > at you.
    >
    > I imagine in GTAIII, VC and SA it would make escaping the law *really*
    > difficult, but I still wish I could have a proper firefight with them
    > :o)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    > | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    > | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

    yeah, and next you'll want the choppers to have missiles! Could you
    imagine what it would be like if THEY used that awful big thing with
    missiles and guns too?

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    In message <42EDF053.7EFA203F@blueyonder.co.uk>
    Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    > yeah, and next you'll want the choppers to have missiles! Could you
    > imagine what it would be like if THEY used that awful big thing with
    > missiles and guns too?

    Oh yeah, now you're talking! When SA was fire announced I posted on
    here that I wanted to take on a CPU Hunter. Still do :o)

    Cheers,
    Rob
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

    Rob White wrote:

    > In message <42EDF053.7EFA203F@blueyonder.co.uk>
    > Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > yeah, and next you'll want the choppers to have missiles! Could you
    > > imagine what it would be like if THEY used that awful big thing with
    > > missiles and guns too?
    >
    > Oh yeah, now you're talking! When SA was fire announced I posted on
    > here that I wanted to take on a CPU Hunter. Still do :o)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob
    > --
    > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
    > | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
    > | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

    hmmm... and as the two player thing s only useful in close proximity
    you can't even do it with a friend, so to speak :O)

    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/