1000 cc bike

Last response: in Video Games
July 26, 2005 12:15:23 PM

I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
the streets?

--
Mark
--

More about : 1000 bike

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:16:53 PM

Yeah... you get the FCR900 at least twice. Keep them. Should have room
in a garage somewhere.

T.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 8:11:18 PM

"Mark C." wrote:

> I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
> know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
> the streets?
>
> --
> Mark
> --
> "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
> what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.

just keep watching out for bikes as you're driving around in a car and
slam into one that looks like the right one. Do this until you have
the thing. I think you also get the bike in a couple of missions
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Mark C. wrote:
> I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
> know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
> the streets?

Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.

Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
map).
Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
(where you picked the race)
Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
you left it.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:43:39 PM

tlai909@visto.com wrote:

> Yeah... you get the FCR900 at least twice. Keep them. Should have room
> in a garage somewhere.
>
> T.

if I can just squeeze in next to all my tanks :o ))

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:48:44 PM

In message <_OadnYHU26MXznvfRVn-qg@comcast.com>
"Mark C." <mustango656@comcast.net> wrote:

> I found a 900 or 1000 cc bike one and can't find it anymore. Does anyone
> know where one is parked and what vehicle i should be driving to pass it on
> the streets?

The FCR-900 is available from the bike school in Las Venturas when you
get all gold.
It's also available on the roads for you to nick, but I can't think of
anywhere specific. LV would be a safe bet though.

The HPV-1000 is the bike that the CHiPs style-cops use (the guys that
look like the T1-000 in Terminator 2).
They're pretty easy to come by, just hang around any road and one will
creep past.

Also, just like in GTAIII and VC, the cars spawn in batches. In other
words drive a four door saloon car and more will start appearing on the
roads, drive a large lorry and more will start appearing etc.

Try riding the NRG-500 or PCJ600 bikes around, hopefully it will spawn
an FCR-900 for you.

Cheers,
Rob
July 27, 2005 12:12:52 AM

"Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
>
> Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
> map).
> Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
> Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
> When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
> (where you picked the race)
> Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
> Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
> you left it.

Why would you need to mark the spot?

--
Mark
--
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:15:39 AM

> The FCR-900 is available from the bike school in Las Venturas when you
> get all gold.
> It's also available on the roads for you to nick, but I can't think of
> anywhere specific. LV would be a safe bet though.
>
> The HPV-1000 is the bike that the CHiPs style-cops use (the guys that
> look like the T1-000 in Terminator 2).
> They're pretty easy to come by, just hang around any road and one will
> creep past.
>
> Also, just like in GTAIII and VC, the cars spawn in batches. In other
> words drive a four door saloon car and more will start appearing on the
> roads, drive a large lorry and more will start appearing etc.
>
> Try riding the NRG-500 or PCJ600 bikes around, hopefully it will spawn
> an FCR-900 for you.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob

Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
Mark
--
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:08:38 AM

Mark C. wrote:
> "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
> >
> > Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
> > map).
> > Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
> > Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
> > When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
> > (where you picked the race)
> > Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
> > Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
> > you left it.
>

> Why would you need to mark the spot?

You don't need to if you remember where you started. It just makes it
easier.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:26:01 AM

> Mark C. wrote:
>> "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
>> >
>> > Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
>> > map).
>> > Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
>> > Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
>> > When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
>> > (where you picked the race)
>> > Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
>> > Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
>> > you left it.
>>

>> Why would you need to mark the spot?
>
> You don't need to if you remember where you started. It just makes it
> easier.

Ah, Soooo... :)

--
Mark
--
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 11:36:32 AM

"Mark C." wrote:

> > The FCR-900 is available from the bike school in Las Venturas when you
> > get all gold.
> > It's also available on the roads for you to nick, but I can't think of
> > anywhere specific. LV would be a safe bet though.
> >
> > The HPV-1000 is the bike that the CHiPs style-cops use (the guys that
> > look like the T1-000 in Terminator 2).
> > They're pretty easy to come by, just hang around any road and one will
> > creep past.
> >
> > Also, just like in GTAIII and VC, the cars spawn in batches. In other
> > words drive a four door saloon car and more will start appearing on the
> > roads, drive a large lorry and more will start appearing etc.
> >
> > Try riding the NRG-500 or PCJ600 bikes around, hopefully it will spawn
> > an FCR-900 for you.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Rob
>
> Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
> Mark
> --
> "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
> what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.

which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :o )
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:28:11 PM

In message <42E73948.B2DD558B@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> > Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
> > Mark
>
> which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :o )

How odd, in certain areas it's spawned all the better bikes on the
road, namely FCR's, NRG's and PJC's for me.

Cheers,
Rob
July 27, 2005 5:05:38 PM

"Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Mark C. wrote:
>> "Vandar" <vandar69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Here's an easy way to secure an FCR900.
>> >
>> > Go to the race tournaments in Los Santos (the checkered flag on the
>> > map).
>> > Mark your position on the map. (on PC, right-click your location)
>> > Choose the "Backroad Wanderer" or "City Circuit" race.
>> > When the race starts, drive the bike to the spot you marked on the map
>> > (where you picked the race)
>> > Hop off the bike and wait for the timer to expire (DQ'd)
>> > Exit out of the race screen and your FCR should be right there where
>> > you left it.
>>

>> Why would you need to mark the spot?
>
> You don't need to if you remember where you started. It just makes it
> easier.

You can also just put it in one of your garages and let the timer run down.

Do the same to get a Phoenix (San Fierro Hills) if you want one, they do not
appear anywhere else in the game. Also, you can get a Hunter this way (Heli
Hell) and stash it in the big hanger at your airstrip if you are unable to
get all golds in pilot school, and a Hydra (Military Service) a lot earlier
than the mission that gives you one.

Rob
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 9:35:40 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42E73948.B2DD558B@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
> > > Mark
> >
> > which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :o )
>
> How odd, in certain areas it's spawned all the better bikes on the
> road, namely FCR's, NRG's and PJC's for me.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

It is a strange one. Vice City was bad for it spawning what you
drove/rode but SA isn't as hard and fast a rule. Certainly some of the
more exotic cars don't spawn all over if you're driving them. I could
do with it spawning a few patriots when I have one! Don't ask me why
the urgent need, I just love this car AND it has four seats!
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:23:52 PM

I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.

Phil Hibbs.
July 28, 2005 8:03:21 PM

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:D 89af0904d.Rob@aqus02.dsl.pipex.com...
> In message <42E73948.B2DD558B@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> > Tried riding the pcj600 around but all that spwned were more 600s. :)
>> > Mark
>>
>> which is wy you don't ride a bike when looking for bikes :o )
>
> How odd, in certain areas it's spawned all the better bikes on the
> road, namely FCR's, NRG's and PJC's for me.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

NRG's never spawn in LV for me even if I'm riding one. Weird! Anywhere but
LV.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 12:39:45 AM

PhilHibbs wrote:

> I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
> fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
> as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

no, I think you're right about the 500
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:02:07 AM

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
> fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
> as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.

Aaah - but I recall someone on this group saying they'd garaged a pizza
moped because they are so rare, and I've seen two in each of my last two
evening sessions, and one in the session before that. When I went through SA
the first time, I garaged one on the basis it was supposed to be a rare
find, only to see them all over the place. It was the first casualty when I
needed the space.

So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC. I've
grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on my
travels...
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:58:02 AM

G Hardy wrote:

> "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I don't recall ever seeing an NRG-500 spawn randomly, only the two
> > fixed ones. Maybe it's just that I'm always leaning forward and driving
> > as fast as possible when on an NRG, so I don't notice them.
>
> Aaah - but I recall someone on this group saying they'd garaged a pizza
> moped because they are so rare, and I've seen two in each of my last two
> evening sessions, and one in the session before that. When I went through SA
> the first time, I garaged one on the basis it was supposed to be a rare
> find, only to see them all over the place. It was the first casualty when I
> needed the space.

They are still rare, but when you see them they come in spurts, so to
speak :o ) I was driving one over that oil field and found another two
parked there!

> So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
> white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC. I've
> grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on my
> travels...

Just that flower power VW really.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:51:06 AM

> > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
> > white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC.
I've
> > grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on
my
> > travels...
>
> Just that flower power VW really.

Oh well. Even that appears to have lost its uniqueness, now it's white!
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 3:57:34 AM

G Hardy wrote:

> > > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting, such as the
> > > white bike, hearse, black voodoo and Diaz's bullet-proof admiral in VC.
> I've
> > > grabbed Pulaski's buffalo, just in case. Not seen another white one on
> my
> > > travels...
> >
> > Just that flower power VW really.
>
> Oh well. Even that appears to have lost its uniqueness, now it's white!

:o ) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 6:03:30 AM

> :o ) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
> am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
> during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.

The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a Range
Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.

If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
power.

I'll have to try taking Jizzy's bodyguard out and keeping the car. My old
one was "emergency" orange!
July 29, 2005 6:22:01 AM

TV's G Hardy wrote:
>> :o ) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
>> am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
>> during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.
>
> The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a
> Range
> Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
> different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
> classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
> designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.

Like most of the cars in GTA, the body of the car is modeled after a car
(the RR in this case) and the front clip is modeled after another. I'm not
sure what car the front clip is from...and this could possibly be an
exception to the above rule and it not be based on any car.

> If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but
> once
> you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
> meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
> Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
> power.

When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough driver
in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the ground
on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to drive
it. It was a lot of fun though.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

aa #2133
ap #19
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 10:48:18 AM

G Hardy wrote:

> > :o ) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
> > am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
> > during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.
>
> The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a Range
> Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
> different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
> classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
> designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.
>
> If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
> you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
> meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
> Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
> power.
>
> I'll have to try taking Jizzy's bodyguard out and keeping the car. My old
> one was "emergency" orange!

:o ) One of our relatives has the posh new one, the one with gills in
front of the doors... the Vogue? I suppose at £40 odd thousand it's
not badly priced for a slab of pretty good looking luxury.

Looking at the Huntley on one website just now it almost looks like
they were so scared they crossed it with one of those Jeeps.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:35:04 AM

towelie wrote:

> TV's G Hardy wrote:
> >> :o ) Baddies have a nasty habit in this one of driving boring cars. I
> >> am not sure about that 4x4 that protects the white limo you chase
> >> during Jizzy's missions. It's black, which is something.
> >
> > The Huntley? I used to have one of those, for taking off road (it's a
> > Range
> > Rover Classic). The front is either remodelled to make it sufficiently
> > different for legal reasons, or it's a style only available in the US. The
> > classic Rangie has round lights and is just about one of the smartest car
> > designs (in terms of looks) ever, IMO.
>
> Like most of the cars in GTA, the body of the car is modeled after a car
> (the RR in this case) and the front clip is modeled after another. I'm not
> sure what car the front clip is from...and this could possibly be an
> exception to the above rule and it not be based on any car.
>
> > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but
> > once
> > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine to
> > meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
> > Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its own
> > power.
>
> When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough driver
> in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the ground
> on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
> wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to drive
> it. It was a lot of fun though.
>
> --
was this the little beast that had a reputation for flipping? Too high
off the ground etc?

Personally I don't drive, though I have tried, unsuccessfully, to
drive a triumph herald and to ride a Honda 50 and a BSA Bantam or some
such, all with disastrous results. I can just about manage an electric
trolley! :o )

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
July 29, 2005 11:35:05 AM

TV's Paul Heslop wrote:
>> > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but
>> > once
>> > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car. I used to tow mine
>> > meets behind a Ford Explorer - and I got the same fuel mileage out of
>> > Explorer + Rangie + 600KG trailer as I got from the Rangie under its
>> > own
>> > power.
>>
>> When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough
>> driver
>> in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the
>> ground
>> on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
>> wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to
>> drive
>> it. It was a lot of fun though.
>>
>> --
> was this the little beast that had a reputation for flipping? Too high
> off the ground etc?

That and narrow tires. Although the one I drove had wider and lower profile
than the factory tires.

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv4.jsp?CONTEN...

http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/tech/history2.htm

> Personally I don't drive, though I have tried, unsuccessfully, to
> drive a triumph herald and to ride a Honda 50 and a BSA Bantam or some
> such, all with disastrous results. I can just about manage an electric
> trolley! :o )

The first time I drove was at age 11. By the time I was 16, I had been
driving on back roads (and everywhere after age 14) enough that I had 5
years of experience. They should teach kids to learn to drive starting at
an earlier age, possibly using go-karts at first.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

aa #2133
ap #19
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:50:20 AM

In message <S7gGe.14319$zp1.11500@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

> If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
> you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car.

A little off-topic, but has anyone taken note of what happens to the
wheels on SUV's when you're in the air? The kind of curl inwards, it
seems they've got proper physics for the suspension.

> I'll have to try taking Jizzy's bodyguard out and keeping the car. My old
> one was "emergency" orange!

Mine's that goldeny yellow colour, like the one in Lay4r Cak3.

Cheers,
Rob
July 29, 2005 3:12:22 PM

> :o ) One of our relatives has the posh new one, the one with gills in
> front of the doors... the Vogue? I suppose at £40 odd thousand it's
> not badly priced for a slab of pretty good looking luxury.

Mine was about £800. I spent £320 putting mud terrain tyres on it, hammered
it through lots of mud, then sold it for £700 and kept the tyres!
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:14:34 PM

G Hardy wrote:

> > :o ) One of our relatives has the posh new one, the one with gills in
> > front of the doors... the Vogue? I suppose at £40 odd thousand it's
> > not badly priced for a slab of pretty good looking luxury.
>
> Mine was about £800. I spent £320 putting mud terrain tyres on it, hammered
> it through lots of mud, then sold it for £700 and kept the tyres!

spawny sod!
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 5:19:27 PM

towelie wrote:

> >> When I was 16 my dad had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai. I was a crazy-enough
> >> driver
> >> in those days in a normal car. Once I jumped it about 2 feet off the
> >> ground
> >> on a small bump in a parking lot, and on several occasions I had it on 2
> >> wheels. A very dangerous vehicle for someone who doesn't know how to
> >> drive
> >> it. It was a lot of fun though.
> >>
> >> --
> > was this the little beast that had a reputation for flipping? Too high
> > off the ground etc?
>
> That and narrow tires. Although the one I drove had wider and lower profile
> than the factory tires.
>
> Here are a couple of links:
>
> http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv4.jsp?CONTEN...
>
> http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/tech/history2.htm

that x-90 was probably the ugliest hairdresser's car ever :o )

> > Personally I don't drive, though I have tried, unsuccessfully, to
> > drive a triumph herald and to ride a Honda 50 and a BSA Bantam or some
> > such, all with disastrous results. I can just about manage an electric
> > trolley! :o )
>
> The first time I drove was at age 11. By the time I was 16, I had been
> driving on back roads (and everywhere after age 14) enough that I had 5
> years of experience. They should teach kids to learn to drive starting at
> an earlier age, possibly using go-karts at first.

I wish I had before I lost the ability to remember things. I was about
fifteen when dad tried to get me to drive the herald. I think he just
couldn't be bothered as i didn't show Stirling Moss capabilities on
first attempt, just like I wasn't the best person at kicking a ball.

Now you mention gokarts I have driven stuff like that in fairgrounds
etc it's just the coordination thing, so having gears, clutch, brakes
and acceleration is too much and confuses me.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 7:17:46 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <S7gGe.14319$zp1.11500@newsfe7-win.ntli.net>
> "G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:
>
> > If you drive it round a corner too fast, it leans over alarmingly, but once
> > you overcome the fear of rolling it's a great car.
>
> A little off-topic, but has anyone taken note of what happens to the
> wheels on SUV's when you're in the air? The kind of curl inwards, it
> seems they've got proper physics for the suspension.

you notice these things too? Cool isn't it?

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:07:57 PM

bryan wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:02:07 +0000, G Hardy wrote:
>
> > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting,
>
> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_aut...

Referer Link Error

On every single HTML page of GameFAQs is the following request:
Feel free to link to this page, but not directly to the FAQs..

You're seeing this error message because it appears that you're
linking from an external site directly to one of
the text files stored at GameFAQs. GameFAQs is not a free public
file server. Bandwidth costs money, and
when sites link directly to files stored on the site, it becomes
both a financial and resource drain. We've tried
asking, but some sites simply don't care, so now we've implemented a
technical solution.

Your browser is reporting that you linked to a GameFAQs-hosted FAQ
from

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:17:56 AM

"Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> Referer Link Error

Not for me.

I had loads of errors because I'd disabled GameFAQs on our router (I'm a bit
of a snotty git when it comes to our lad buying a game and then hitting the
internet for cheats within 10 minutes of getting it in the door).

When I worked out how I'd done it (it was some time ago) and reversed the
block, I got straight to the page.

Email me off-group (munged email address should be obvious to anyone who can
spell) and I'll send the text file. I'm away from my PC for a week at the
start of August, though, so don't get stroppy if it doesn't arrive as
quickly as you expect...
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 3:34:23 AM

G Hardy wrote:

> "Paul Heslop" <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > Referer Link Error
>
> Not for me.
>
> I had loads of errors because I'd disabled GameFAQs on our router (I'm a bit
> of a snotty git when it comes to our lad buying a game and then hitting the
> internet for cheats within 10 minutes of getting it in the door).
>
> When I worked out how I'd done it (it was some time ago) and reversed the
> block, I got straight to the page.
>
> Email me off-group (munged email address should be obvious to anyone who can
> spell) and I'll send the text file. I'm away from my PC for a week at the
> start of August, though, so don't get stroppy if it doesn't arrive as
> quickly as you expect...

it's okay, it's cos I used netscape instead of IE
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
July 30, 2005 5:23:44 AM

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:07:57 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:

> bryan wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:02:07 +0000, G Hardy wrote:
>>
>> > So in SA, are there any "special" vehicles worth collecting,
>>
>> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_aut...
>
> Referer Link Error

well, that's irritating.

gamefaqs earn more than enough money from the adverts on their site.
they don't lose money if you go straight to a page... they just get snotty
if you don't go through pages of adverts to get to what you want.

for what it's worth, i've been on the net for so long now not only do i
not click on these adverts, i don't even notice them now.

if you're interested in the bullet-proof faq, answer this post with your
email address (munged) and i'll send it to you.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 5:44:51 AM

bryan wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:07:57 +0000, Paul Heslop wrote:
>
> > bryan wrote:

> >> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_aut...
> >
> > Referer Link Error
>
> well, that's irritating.
>
> gamefaqs earn more than enough money from the adverts on their site.
> they don't lose money if you go straight to a page... they just get snotty
> if you don't go through pages of adverts to get to what you want.
>
> for what it's worth, i've been on the net for so long now not only do i
> not click on these adverts, i don't even notice them now.
>
> if you're interested in the bullet-proof faq, answer this post with your
> email address (munged) and i'll send it to you.

It seemed to be because I accidentally tried to link through netscape,
where I read the newsgroups, rather than IE. It's happened once or
twice that way before
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:45:37 PM

In message <42EA488E.C529FA47@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> you notice these things too? Cool isn't it?

Indeed, it's almost as cool as using the Rhino's turret to flip it back
over (SRIMEC) :o )

Cheers,
Rob
July 30, 2005 2:05:48 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42EA488E.C529FA47@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > you notice these things too? Cool isn't it?
>
> Indeed, it's almost as cool as using the Rhino's turret to flip it back
> over (SRIMEC) :o )
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
still haven't done that as I never seem to flip it. I've had it
explode on me once, which is better than the other games.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 7:59:36 PM

In message <42EB50F1.5C7B6E8C@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> still haven't done that as I never seem to flip it. I've had it
> explode on me once, which is better than the other games.

I'm not sure if this is totally acurrate, but the SA Rhino's seem to
take a lot more punishment before they explode. Even when you get one
upside down it seems significantly longer before it explodes when
compared to GTAIII and VC.

Cheers,
Rob
July 31, 2005 11:38:16 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42EB50F1.5C7B6E8C@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > still haven't done that as I never seem to flip it. I've had it
> > explode on me once, which is better than the other games.
>
> I'm not sure if this is totally acurrate, but the SA Rhino's seem to
> take a lot more punishment before they explode. Even when you get one
> upside down it seems significantly longer before it explodes when
> compared to GTAIII and VC.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

I couldn't even work out why this one exploded. I know the old ones
would go when something exploded under them and this seemed the same
yet nothing was near me, it was just cruising and boom! (I say
cruising but that was with half the world chasing it)
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 1:23:32 PM

In message <42ED2890.F0075D73@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I couldn't even work out why this one exploded. I know the old ones
> would go when something exploded under them and this seemed the same
> yet nothing was near me, it was just cruising and boom! (I say
> cruising but that was with half the world chasing it)

To tell you the truth, I'm still a little bit annoyed that thoughout
the games only GTA2 has an army that actually fire their tank's turrets
at you.

I imagine in GTAIII, VC and SA it would make escaping the law *really*
difficult, but I still wish I could have a proper firefight with them
:o )

Cheers,
Rob
August 1, 2005 1:50:46 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42ED2890.F0075D73@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I couldn't even work out why this one exploded. I know the old ones
> > would go when something exploded under them and this seemed the same
> > yet nothing was near me, it was just cruising and boom! (I say
> > cruising but that was with half the world chasing it)
>
> To tell you the truth, I'm still a little bit annoyed that thoughout
> the games only GTA2 has an army that actually fire their tank's turrets
> at you.
>
> I imagine in GTAIII, VC and SA it would make escaping the law *really*
> difficult, but I still wish I could have a proper firefight with them
> :o )
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

yeah, and next you'll want the choppers to have missiles! Could you
imagine what it would be like if THEY used that awful big thing with
missiles and guns too?

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 11:30:04 AM

In message <42EDF053.7EFA203F@blueyonder.co.uk>
Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> yeah, and next you'll want the choppers to have missiles! Could you
> imagine what it would be like if THEY used that awful big thing with
> missiles and guns too?

Oh yeah, now you're talking! When SA was fire announced I posted on
here that I wanted to take on a CPU Hunter. Still do :o )

Cheers,
Rob
August 2, 2005 5:00:30 PM

Rob White wrote:

> In message <42EDF053.7EFA203F@blueyonder.co.uk>
> Paul Heslop <paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > yeah, and next you'll want the choppers to have missiles! Could you
> > imagine what it would be like if THEY used that awful big thing with
> > missiles and guns too?
>
> Oh yeah, now you're talking! When SA was fire announced I posted on
> here that I wanted to take on a CPU Hunter. Still do :o )
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

hmmm... and as the two player thing s only useful in close proximity
you can't even do it with a friend, so to speak :o )

--
!