XP Ser Pack 1 link

April 13, 2004 12:00:36 AM

Hi all,

I think that some guys from microsoft are answering to this NG sometimes.
So I have a question :
I am looking for the specification of the XP service Pack 1.
I mean, which services are installed, which sort of updates, etc....before
downloading it.

Sorry to ask for this, but I have a very slow internet connection "analog"
one.
So before downloading It I would like to be sure that what I am looking for
is present.
(i.e : Bluetooth service for my bluetooth adaptor (generic one) )

Thanks a lot.

Nic.

More about : ser pack link

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 12:18:06 AM

niris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think that some guys from microsoft are answering to this NG
> sometimes. So I have a question :
> I am looking for the specification of the XP service Pack 1.
> I mean, which services are installed, which sort of updates,
> etc....before downloading it.
>
> Sorry to ask for this, but I have a very slow internet connection
> "analog" one.
> So before downloading It I would like to be sure that what I am
> looking for is present.
> (i.e : Bluetooth service for my bluetooth adaptor (generic one) )
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Nic.

There's no Bluetooth Support in XP SP1, this is coming in XP SP2 which is in
Beta at the moment and due for release in a month or so.

--
Darren Griffin
Pocket GPS World - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com

"niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote:

>Thanks a lot.

You definitely need to get XP SP1 installed if you don't ahve it. Lots
of security updates in it. Just download it overnight. It should only
be 30-50MB depending on your config from Windows Update.

There is no BT support though in SP1. That comes in SP2 later this
spring. In all seriousness though, I wouldn't wait. There are several
worms/viruses/vulnerabilities that SP1 fixes today. Of course, when
done, run Windows Update again to get the latest hotfixes.
April 13, 2004 2:40:18 AM

Find someone with broadband!!! My brother's DSL took 13 min to load and
burn...my uncle's cable reported 4 min to load!!!!!
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 5:46:08 PM

Yep, good idea, I know someone with a DSL link.

Thanks.

Nic.

"Tim" <Tim@XHemplemans.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:o UyhLnRIEHA.3444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Find someone with broadband!!! My brother's DSL took 13 min to load and
> burn...my uncle's cable reported 4 min to load!!!!!

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 5:46:09 PM

"niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote:

>Yep, good idea, I know someone with a DSL link.
>
>Thanks.

If that is the case, go to
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/servic...
to pick your language and grab the whole 130+MB file to burn on the
CD.

>Nic.
>

>"Tim" <Tim@XHemplemans.com> a écrit dans le message de
>news:o UyhLnRIEHA.3444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Find someone with broadband!!! My brother's DSL took 13 min to load and
>> burn...my uncle's cable reported 4 min to load!!!!!

April 13, 2004 5:46:09 PM

Or if you ordered the "Windows Security CD", WinXP SP comes on it.

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"niris" <news@tiscali.fr> wrote in message
> Yep, good idea, I know someone with a DSL link.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nic.
>

> "Tim" <Tim@XHemplemans.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news:o UyhLnRIEHA.3444@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Find someone with broadband!!! My brother's DSL took 13 min to load and
>> burn...my uncle's cable reported 4 min to load!!!!!

April 14, 2004 1:02:18 AM

In Jerry Stillers' voice..."That's what I'm talking about!"
I should have posted the link.

______
!