digital TV cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2004 1:09:45 PM

need some help

I have been looking into digital-TV cards lately and have found the
following possibilities

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID...

about this card, could i use an AV breakout box to enable me to use
composite video cables for this card? just so i can play xbox on my pc
monitor.

and the other possible card is

http://msicomputer.co.uk/products.aspx?product_id=70345...

one problem about the above MSI card, is that it says it supports composite
video (white ywllow and red connectors) however i cannot see anywhere on the
back of the card for the composite video connectors to go,

Also would the card use the onboard sound of my motherboard or would i need
to have speakers seperately linked up to it?? and finally is it a digital
tuner? (would it pick up freeview in the United Kingdom (england) if i
plugged my aerial cable into the back) would my aerial go into number 4 on
the main picture, Video_In Connector (S)?

If anyone has any other suggestions for Digital Tv tuner cards (PCI) that
can support composite video (mainly so i can play xbox on my PC without
using the compisuite to scart adapter for the xbox, just plug the composite
cables straight in.. it works on my tv)

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks (in advance)

Chris

MSI KT6V
AMD Athlon XP2600+

More about : digital cards

Anonymous
November 18, 2004 1:28:31 AM

Christo wrote:
> need some help
>
> I have been looking into digital-TV cards lately and have found the
> following possibilities
>
> http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID...
>
> about this card, could i use an AV breakout box to enable me to use
> composite video cables for this card? just so i can play xbox on my pc
> monitor.
>
> and the other possible card is
>
> http://msicomputer.co.uk/products.aspx?product_id=70345...
>
> one problem about the above MSI card, is that it says it supports composite
> video (white ywllow and red connectors) however i cannot see anywhere on the
> back of the card for the composite video connectors to go,
>
> Also would the card use the onboard sound of my motherboard or would i need
> to have speakers seperately linked up to it?? and finally is it a digital
> tuner? (would it pick up freeview in the United Kingdom (england) if i
> plugged my aerial cable into the back) would my aerial go into number 4 on
> the main picture, Video_In Connector (S)?
>
> If anyone has any other suggestions for Digital Tv tuner cards (PCI) that
> can support composite video (mainly so i can play xbox on my PC without
> using the compisuite to scart adapter for the xbox, just plug the composite
> cables straight in.. it works on my tv)
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks (in advance)
>
> Chris

The antenna goes into the CATV connector from the description ( Number
10 ). (5) is the composite video in., where it says Video_In Connector
(C), the C stands for composite whereas Video_In Connector (S) refers
to S-Video input. To connect audio, you need to get a 2xphono to
mini-plug connector and connect it to number 6 and use the audio cable
provided to connect number(7) to the line-in of yer sound card.
Alternatively, you can directly connect yer audio phono plugs to a
separate set of speakers, though you'll have to manually switch them on
instead of the sound coming on automatically if you use the line-in
passthrough through yer soundcard ( with the sound coming through yer PC
speakers ).
!