Far Cry demo AA not working on 6800 card 66.93 driver

ns

Distinguished
May 13, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Hi I wonder is it just me or what. I got this brand new Dell 8400
machine with P4 3GHz, 512M, 6800 GTO card/256M, Far Cry demo just
won't start before (crash at start of play). But after I downloaded
new 66.93 driver, now it works, but the shader (shadow?) effect can't
be set high otherwise graphics just totally corrupt, but I can live
with medium setting.

The main problem is no matter what AA setting I tried, including
in-game setting of all levels, or set in nvidia application profile,
the AA just not working, there's no anti-alias effect what so ever.
and the graphics look so jaggied, what's the point getting this
expensive card?

Nvidia if you are reading, could you try it see what's going on?

does anyone have similar problem? and any suggestions or remedies?
thanks, I get this machine to have a good experience, especially Far
Cry, but what a disappointment.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

The farcry demo uses old buggy code. Just get the fullgame, it's quite
cheap now, and a good game.

rms

ns

Distinguished
May 13, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"\", how do i do it? it's strange, why AA doesn't work, and I assume
tons of people played demo with AA working?

i need to make sure that the game works as expected before i can order
the full game, as we all know game can't be returned once opened even
if it doesn't work on my machine at all.