6600 agp brands

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Anyone seen any more brands for sale besides the xfx one? Looks like the
prices on that one are starting to drop though. And ATI's mid level card is
coming out the first week of december. So 6600 agp card should drop like a
rock to the 199 level we hope...

Anthony

Tim

"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message

> And ATI's mid level card is coming out the first week of december.

Which card is that?

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

X700 series.

DaveL

"Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> > And ATI's mid level card is coming out the first week of december.
>
> Which card is that?

On 11/18/2004 6:06 AM Anthony brightened our day with:

>Anyone seen any more brands for sale besides the xfx one? Looks like the
>prices on that one are starting to drop though. And ATI's mid level card is
>coming out the first week of december. So 6600 agp card should drop like a
>rock to the 199 level we hope...
>
>Anthony

I was just thinking about 3 years ago when the day after Thanksgiving,
Best Buy sold GF3 Ti200s for $99 (I think the regular price was $199).
I was lined up with a ton of other people at 7 am, they ran out of
Ti200s and I bought a Ti500 for $375 instead. Gah!
I'm wishing they'd do something similar again with 6600GTs :p Though
I'm pretty happy with my 9800 Pro right now and I'd probably get a 6800
if and when.
(For those non-americans, the day after the national holiday of
Thanksgiving, which is a week from today, is when there are lots of
sales for the upcoming Christmas holiday, and everyone goes shopping).

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

> I was just thinking about 3 years ago when the day after Thanksgiving,
> Best Buy sold GF3 Ti200s for $99 (I think the regular price was $199).
> I'm wishing they'd do something similar again with 6600GTs :p
> Though I'm pretty happy with my 9800 Pro right now and I'd probably

Rumor has it that CompUSA will be offering a PNY 6800nu for $199 + after
$30 rebate. Not quite the steal that the Ti200 was, but it's at the magic
$199 price.

Tim

"Anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
> Anyone seen any more brands for sale besides the xfx one? Looks like the
> prices on that one are starting to drop though. And ATI's mid level card
> is coming out the first week of december. So 6600 agp card should drop
> like a rock to the 199 level we hope...
>
> Anthony

I see that Albatron's 6600 GT (AGP) is now on the market. How does that
brand compare with XFX? Are we better off waiting for other companies to
release this card?

> I see that Albatron's 6600 GT (AGP) is now on the market. How does
> that brand compare with XFX? Are we better off waiting for other
> companies to release this card?

I would get one of the 6600GT cards that advertises having 1.6ns memory.
Then you should be able to clock it to 1200MHz.

Someone

Price is already going down on the 6600 GT AGP

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10387999&loc=101&sp=1