Good 3D and VIVO card for less than 180 euros ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 19, 2004 8:21:58 AM

Hi

I want to upgrade my PC (only to play to 2 games !!).
My config is :
- CPU AMD 1.2 Ghz
- 1.25 Go RAM

I need :
- VIVO
- good 3D for DirectX 9b (and future). I don't need the best 3D
card. Only to be able to play... 1 to 2 years.
- Transform & Lightning feature
- drivers for Mandrake 10 : 3D and VIVO

What's the best choice ?
I belive I will have less trouble with nVidia than ATI for Linux
support (Mandrake 10)...
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 8:40:19 PM

Bernard Segonnes wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to upgrade my PC (only to play to 2 games !!).
> My config is :
> - CPU AMD 1.2 Ghz
> - 1.25 Go RAM
>
> I need :
> - VIVO
> - good 3D for DirectX 9b (and future). I don't need the best 3D
> card. Only to be able to play... 1 to 2 years.
> - Transform & Lightning feature
> - drivers for Mandrake 10 : 3D and VIVO
>
> What's the best choice ?
> I belive I will have less trouble with nVidia than ATI for Linux
> support (Mandrake 10)...

It doesn't matter much, as with a CPU of only 1.2Ghz, this will be your
bottleneck. Any half decent card will do unless you plan to upgrade your
CPU as well.
!