which card manufacturer is best?

SP

i have decided to upgrade my gfx card to a 6800GT but i'm not sure which
one. I have decided to go to either the Asus or gigabyte model. They are
both around the same price, which doesn't concern me. Which one is the
better performer? both have the same speeds and amount of memory.

My rig is the following
P4 2.8GHz HT
512MB RAM
geforce fx5900xt (leadtek)
500W PSU

thanks

sp

Equal settings equals same performance. Also look at the Leadtek and the
BFG. Personally I am wary of MSI.

"sp" <die.all.spammers@bloodbath.com> wrote in message
>i have decided to upgrade my gfx card to a 6800GT but i'm not sure which
>one. I have decided to go to either the Asus or gigabyte model. They are
>both around the same price, which doesn't concern me. Which one is the
>better performer? both have the same speeds and amount of memory.
>
> My rig is the following
> P4 2.8GHz HT
> 512MB RAM
> geforce fx5900xt (leadtek)
> 500W PSU
>
> thanks
>
> sp

SP

my leadtek is fine. it has never given me any problems of any sort. As i
do not overclock my components they are pretty much brand new. The leadtek
6800 cards have been known to be very heavy, which is an issue for me as my
case weighs in by itself 13Kg. the leaktek is also similar in price to the
asus and gigabyte. i will also lose the next PCI slot due to the cooler on
the leadtek card. both the asus and gigabyte are single slot solutions, so
i will probably go for the asus.

BFG overclock their cards as standard (i think?) so i wouldn't get one of
them.

thanks for ur help

sp

> Equal settings equals same performance. Also look at the Leadtek and the
> BFG. Personally I am wary of MSI.
>
> "sp" <die.all.spammers@bloodbath.com> wrote in message
>>i have decided to upgrade my gfx card to a 6800GT but i'm not sure which
>>one. I have decided to go to either the Asus or gigabyte model. They are
>>both around the same price, which doesn't concern me. Which one is the
>>better performer? both have the same speeds and amount of memory.
>>
>> My rig is the following
>> P4 2.8GHz HT
>> 512MB RAM
>> geforce fx5900xt (leadtek)
>> 500W PSU
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> sp

OMG a few grams heavier, only makes them run cooler dude. Looks like you
have made up your mind anyway. The BFG cards use premium chips and can
easily run at higher clock speeds. The Leadtek site makes mention that the
cards have good cooling so they can be over clocked, I run my basic Leadtek
6800 at 380/780 and it runs at same temps as default settings.

> OMG a few grams heavier, only makes them run cooler dude. Looks like you
> have made up your mind anyway. The BFG cards use premium chips and can
> easily run at higher clock speeds. The Leadtek site

Also, BFG has a 'true' lifetime warranty on their cards unlike the other
brands...

"KingGuardian" <kguardian@hamptonroads.com> wrote in message

> "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> > OMG a few grams heavier, only makes them run cooler dude. Looks like you
> > have made up your mind anyway. The BFG cards use premium chips and can
> > easily run at higher clock speeds. The Leadtek site
>
> Also, BFG has a 'true' lifetime warranty on their cards unlike the other
> brands...

For the lifetime of BFG, that is...but if they're anything like Visiontek,
whose ashes they rose out of, they're pretty good about honoring that
warranty in timely fashion...

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:49:59 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:

>Equal settings equals same performance. Also look at the Leadtek and the
>BFG. Personally I am wary of MSI.

What's wrong with MSI? I had been checking into them because at least
it's possible to talk with someone and find specs. That doesn't seem to
be the case with Leadtek.

I'm sill looking to confirm DVI output at 1600x1200, and MSI lists that in
specs for several of their boards. Only a couple Leadteks mention DVI
(on their site, anyway).

I'm not familiar with BFG, but I just found their site and it appears they
may actually have... Tech Support! <g>

Seriously, does anyone know of Leadteks that have 1600x1200 DVI?

SP

The site i use dont have any 6800GT's from MSI only the standard. I have
nothing against MSI its just i want a 6800GT not a 6800

sp