Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I got a 5600 fx 128mb and lately whenever I play a game it freezes up and
the game unfreezes but the graphics are really corrupt like thier torn or
something. Sign of a dying card? Man my old ti-4200 never did this ug

Anthony

Anthony wrote:
> I got a 5600 fx 128mb and lately whenever I play a game it freezes up and
> the game unfreezes but the graphics are really corrupt like thier torn or
> something. Sign of a dying card? Man my old ti-4200 never did this ug
>
> Anthony

Possibly. But it could also be defective, bad RAM (corrupt addresses),
damaged IC componenet, etc. Try getting warranty service if so.

Graphics corruption like you state is also associated with overheating.
If you've added any aftermarket coolers or replaced the chipset
cooler, I would take a look and see if your thermal componund is still
there. Check for fan failures and power failures as well (your AGP
driving voltage should be 1.5 in the BIOS).

Your problem doesn't seem to indicate a chipset driver issue if it has
only recently began acting up. Nevertheless, see if your mobo chipset
driver has changed recently or changing timings in the AGP controller
and such.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Could it also be the AMD 64 CPU as well? I just recently upgraded and the
components all came back as nothing wrong with them when I got them tested
after I put the system together. Ah well once i get my 6600 agp I will know
whats going on for sure

Anthony wrote:
> Could it also be the AMD 64 CPU as well? I just recently upgraded and the
> components all came back as nothing wrong with them when I got them tested
> after I put the system together. Ah well once i get my 6600 agp I will know
> whats going on for sure
>

> "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
>
>>Anthony wrote:
>>
>>>I got a 5600 fx 128mb and lately whenever I play a game it freezes up and
>>>the game unfreezes but the graphics are really corrupt like thier torn or
>>>something. Sign of a dying card? Man my old ti-4200 never did this ug
>>>
>>>Anthony
>>>

>>Possibly. But it could also be defective, bad RAM (corrupt addresses),
>>damaged IC componenet, etc. Try getting warranty service if so.
>>
>>Graphics corruption like you state is also associated with overheating. If
>>you've added any aftermarket coolers or replaced the chipset cooler, I
>>would take a look and see if your thermal componund is still there. Check
>>for fan failures and power failures as well (your AGP driving voltage
>>should be 1.5 in the BIOS).
>>
>>Your problem doesn't seem to indicate a chipset driver issue if it has
>>only recently began acting up. Nevertheless, see if your mobo chipset
>>driver has changed recently or changing timings in the AGP controller and
>>such.

Maybe, when you upgraded to a new chipset, the drivers could be fairly
immmature and maybe incompatible with some manufacturer's FX cards.
It's not unheard of.