64MB Gefoece4 MX440 lost 32MB RAM???

James wrote:
> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What that?
>
> James

First, verify your card actually had 64MB RAM before. Did you perform a
BIOS flash or "upgrade"? Is there graphics corruption/artifacting in
games? Have you experienced lockups related to your card? If so it
could mean you either nixed your card with a bad flash or it has gone
bad. Possibly a trace connecting a 2 sided PCB burnt out (killing 1/2
the RAM).

thats the size of the memory on the card, if you believed that you purchased
a 64mb card you never, you purchased a 32mb card

i am assuming you mean the gpu bios comes up saying

nvdidia BIOS
GeForce MC440
32Mb RAM
version 4.2.1658

or something along those lines, if so then try finding a graphics bios
update from nvidia and a graphics drivers update, that might fix it, however
i doubt it, you have a 32mb graphics card not a 64 mb card from the sounds
of it
"James" <jwr18@comcast.net> wrote in message
> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What that?
>
> James

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

i dont believe they made a 32meg version of that card. i checked nvidia's
website, and one
isn't listed, only 64 and 128 in that series.

James wrote:
> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What that?
>
> James

There are 32mb versions of the Geforce4 MX440. I would suggest you get a
copy of sisoft sandra and run it. It will tell you what it sees. I bet
there are other ways of checking the system, but Sandra seems to be
reliable.

Rob wrote:
> i dont believe they made a 32meg version of that card. i checked nvidia's
> website, and one
> isn't listed, only 64 and 128 in that series.
>
> "Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk> wrote in message

---snip---
>>>When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
>>>that?
>>>
>>>James

This URL shows a review of a Geforce4 MX440 with 32MB

http://www.computingreview.com/Graphics,Cards/XFX/PRD_225728_5317crx.aspx

stanmc wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>
>> i dont believe they made a 32meg version of that card. i checked
>> nvidia's website, and one
>> isn't listed, only 64 and 128 in that series.
>>
>> "Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
> ---snip---

> This URL shows a review of a Geforce4 MX440 with 32MB
>
> http://www.computingreview.com/Graphics,Cards/XFX/PRD_225728_5317crx.aspx
Checked all of the search engine responses and they were bad leads.
Sorry for the misinfo.

stanmc wrote:
> James wrote:
>
>> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
>> that?
>>
>> James
>>
> There are 32mb versions of the Geforce4 MX440. I would suggest you get a
> copy of sisoft sandra and run it. It will tell you what it sees. I bet
> there are other ways of checking the system, but Sandra seems to be
> reliable.
The search engine responses for 32mb MX440 returned bad info. Sorry for
the inconvenience. Try SiSoft Sandra.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I could have swarn it was a 64MB card. I flashed the motherboard bois and
now the videocard bios says 32mb. Games run very slow now too.

Thanks for the reply.

James

"Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk> wrote in message
> thats the size of the memory on the card, if you believed that you
> purchased a 64mb card you never, you purchased a 32mb card
>
> i am assuming you mean the gpu bios comes up saying
>
> nvdidia BIOS
> GeForce MC440
> 32Mb RAM
> version 4.2.1658
>
> or something along those lines, if so then try finding a graphics bios
> update from nvidia and a graphics drivers update, that might fix it,
> however i doubt it, you have a 32mb graphics card not a 64 mb card from
> the sounds of it
> "James" <jwr18@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
>> that?
>>
>> James

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I performed a flash on the motherboard bios. Now the card reads 32mb in the
videocard bios on boot. Just weird.

Thanks

James

> I performed a flash on the motherboard bios. Now the card reads 32mb in
the
> videocard bios on boot. Just weird.
>
> Thanks
>
> James
>
> "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
> > James wrote:
> >> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
> >> that?

How about this, it fits the poor performance, and 32mb situations.

You have an motherboard with built-in graphics. It could be an NForce
motherboard with GeForce graphics in the chipset. There will be an option
within the bios to allocate 32 64 or even 128mb of system ram to the video
system. A mobo flash is likely to reset the video to use a smaller amount of
shared memory (32mb).

If you have a video card installed in a PCI or AGP expansion slot, make sure
that you have plugged your monitor cable into that video port. You could be
using on-board video by mistake, simply by connecting to the wrong video
port.

>I could have swarn it was a 64MB card. I flashed the motherboard bois and
>now the videocard bios says 32mb. Games run very slow now too.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> James

<snip>

Did it say 64 MB before you flashed the card?

Joe

okys10

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
I had the same problem..

my 64mb video card becomes 32mb before the card turns to 32mb i see a random pixel.. and when i restart the computer, it becomes 32mb.. plsss.. help us...

sounds weird but its true..

I didn't flash the bios nor install anything, its just happen

do you realise this thread is from the year 2004..... either way your video card is stuffed, time to update your computer to something that isn't 10 years old.

okys10

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011

did you either realize that i want to solve that problem even if it is old?

old tricks, new tricks still desame..

practicing old tricks makes you more knowlegable.. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

so plsss help me...

:kaola: :kaola: