64MB Gefoece4 MX440 lost 32MB RAM???

When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What that?

James
14 answers Last reply
More about 64mb gefoece4 mx440 lost 32mb

    James wrote:
    > When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What that?
    >
    > James

    First, verify your card actually had 64MB RAM before. Did you perform a
    BIOS flash or "upgrade"? Is there graphics corruption/artifacting in
    games? Have you experienced lockups related to your card? If so it
    could mean you either nixed your card with a bad flash or it has gone
    bad. Possibly a trace connecting a 2 sided PCB burnt out (killing 1/2
    the RAM).

    thats the size of the memory on the card, if you believed that you purchased
    a 64mb card you never, you purchased a 32mb card

    i am assuming you mean the gpu bios comes up saying

    nvdidia BIOS
    GeForce MC440
    32Mb RAM
    version 4.2.1658

    or something along those lines, if so then try finding a graphics bios
    update from nvidia and a graphics drivers update, that might fix it, however
    i doubt it, you have a 32mb graphics card not a 64 mb card from the sounds
    of it
    "James" <jwr18@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What that?
    >
    > James

    i dont believe they made a 32meg version of that card. i checked nvidia's
    website, and one
    isn't listed, only 64 and 128 in that series.

    James wrote:
    > When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What that?
    >
    > James

    There are 32mb versions of the Geforce4 MX440. I would suggest you get a
    copy of sisoft sandra and run it. It will tell you what it sees. I bet
    there are other ways of checking the system, but Sandra seems to be
    reliable.

    Rob wrote:
    > i dont believe they made a 32meg version of that card. i checked nvidia's
    > website, and one
    > isn't listed, only 64 and 128 in that series.
    >
    > "Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk> wrote in message

    ---snip---
    >>>When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
    >>>that?
    >>>
    >>>James

    This URL shows a review of a Geforce4 MX440 with 32MB

    http://www.computingreview.com/Graphics,Cards/XFX/PRD_225728_5317crx.aspx

    stanmc wrote:
    > Rob wrote:
    >
    >> i dont believe they made a 32meg version of that card. i checked
    >> nvidia's website, and one
    >> isn't listed, only 64 and 128 in that series.
    >>
    >> "Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    > ---snip---

    > This URL shows a review of a Geforce4 MX440 with 32MB
    >
    > http://www.computingreview.com/Graphics,Cards/XFX/PRD_225728_5317crx.aspx
    Checked all of the search engine responses and they were bad leads.
    Sorry for the misinfo.

    stanmc wrote:
    > James wrote:
    >
    >> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
    >> that?
    >>
    >> James
    >>
    > There are 32mb versions of the Geforce4 MX440. I would suggest you get a
    > copy of sisoft sandra and run it. It will tell you what it sees. I bet
    > there are other ways of checking the system, but Sandra seems to be
    > reliable.
    The search engine responses for 32mb MX440 returned bad info. Sorry for
    the inconvenience. Try SiSoft Sandra.

    I could have swarn it was a 64MB card. I flashed the motherboard bois and
    now the videocard bios says 32mb. Games run very slow now too.

    Thanks for the reply.

    James

    "Christo" <chris@juststuff.co.uk> wrote in message
    > thats the size of the memory on the card, if you believed that you
    > purchased a 64mb card you never, you purchased a 32mb card
    >
    > i am assuming you mean the gpu bios comes up saying
    >
    > nvdidia BIOS
    > GeForce MC440
    > 32Mb RAM
    > version 4.2.1658
    >
    > or something along those lines, if so then try finding a graphics bios
    > update from nvidia and a graphics drivers update, that might fix it,
    > however i doubt it, you have a 32mb graphics card not a 64 mb card from
    > the sounds of it
    > "James" <jwr18@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
    >> that?
    >>
    >> James

    I performed a flash on the motherboard bios. Now the card reads 32mb in the
    videocard bios on boot. Just weird.

    Thanks

    James

    > I performed a flash on the motherboard bios. Now the card reads 32mb in
    the
    > videocard bios on boot. Just weird.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > James
    >
    > "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
    > > James wrote:
    > >> When my computer starts the Geforce video card bios says 32omb. What
    > >> that?

    How about this, it fits the poor performance, and 32mb situations.

    You have an motherboard with built-in graphics. It could be an NForce
    motherboard with GeForce graphics in the chipset. There will be an option
    within the bios to allocate 32 64 or even 128mb of system ram to the video
    system. A mobo flash is likely to reset the video to use a smaller amount of
    shared memory (32mb).

    If you have a video card installed in a PCI or AGP expansion slot, make sure
    that you have plugged your monitor cable into that video port. You could be
    using on-board video by mistake, simply by connecting to the wrong video
    port.

    >I could have swarn it was a 64MB card. I flashed the motherboard bois and
    >now the videocard bios says 32mb. Games run very slow now too.
    >
    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > James

    <snip>

    Did it say 64 MB before you flashed the card?

    Joe
  12. I had the same problem..

    my 64mb video card becomes 32mb before the card turns to 32mb i see a random pixel.. and when i restart the computer, it becomes 32mb.. plsss.. help us...

    sounds weird but its true..

    I didn't flash the bios nor install anything, its just happen
  13. okys10 said:
    I had the same problem..

    my 64mb video card becomes 32mb before the card turns to 32mb i see a random pixel.. and when i restart the computer, it becomes 32mb.. plsss.. help us...

    sounds weird but its true..

    I didn't flash the bios nor install anything, its just happen

    do you realise this thread is from the year 2004..... either way your video card is stuffed, time to update your computer to something that isn't 10 years old.
  14. iam2thecrowe said:
    do you realise this thread is from the year 2004..... either way your video card is stuffed, time to update your computer to something that isn't 10 years old.

    did you either realize that i want to solve that problem even if it is old?

    old tricks, new tricks still desame..

    practicing old tricks makes you more knowlegable.. :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

    so plsss help me...

    :kaola: :kaola:

Nvidia RAM Graphics Cards Computer Graphics