Sign in with
Your question

NEC monitor dead

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 6, 2001 2:50:46 PM

Ok, I currently have 3 computers. One with an NEC MultiSync FE950+ and the other with an NEC MultiSync 95. I know the NEC MultiSync 95 is a somewhat low-end 19" monitor but I didn't need a top of the line monitor for my secondary computer. My problem is that one day this monitor decided to just screw up, all the colours became oversaturated, the brightness was unadjustable and the monitor kept flickering like crazy. I was still under warranty so I sent the monitor in for repair. My question is, what would cause the monitor to do that? Magnets? I don't think I have any magnets around. Any suggestions?

More about : nec monitor dead

August 11, 2001 3:05:02 AM

Hello? Anybody home? Is this newsgroup dead?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
September 15, 2001 2:49:07 AM

Magnets will distort the screen image (eg flickering... quite probably the memory in the monitor that remembers the settings has been effected).
Did U keep a scanner or unshielded speakers near the monitor... these put out quite strong magnetic fields unless they are shielded

eg it wouldnt B safe to put tapes on Hi-fi Speakers unless the speakers were shielded because of the EM field they put out or to put a screwdriver with a magnetic head near any unshielded microchips... that would B asking for trouble...

---It's the little things than can rise up and bite you... remember to wear lead pants !!!---
September 17, 2001 11:49:38 PM

I had to replace my NEC Multisync95 twice before getting one that has lasted. One had problems like yours...another had picture aligning problems.Both were fine out of the box...for about 2 to 3 months. What caused the problems? One or two things...cheap componets and or sloppy mass production.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.
!