best driver for geforce2mx

Hi,
about your opinion which is the best driver for geforce2mx?
thank

bmchan

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

Agreed that we need more info in the MOBO etc. But if you have a GF2
installed , it won't run any of the new games. I have an Intel
PC2100 2.4ghz P4 with 1 gig of RAM and Doom 3 brings my sytem to its
knees. My driver is 44.03.

"natan75" <stefanikNOSPAM@inwind.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
> about your opinion which is the best driver for geforce2mx?
> thank

What OS?
30.82, 40.72, all work flawlessly

"Bmchan" <bchiiin@spammmm.net> wrote in message
> Agreed that we need more info in the MOBO etc. But if you have a GF2
> installed , it won't run any of the new games. I have an Intel
> PC2100 2.4ghz P4 with 1 gig of RAM and Doom 3 brings my sytem to its
> knees. My driver is 44.03.

Ay-yi! It even brings a GF3 to its knees. Not too special with a GF4 either.
Works just dandy with the fastest and next fastest box with 4x and 2xAA,
respectively. A vanilla 6800 or even an AGP 6600 will help greatly. Hell,
even a FX 5900 ain't bad at all, or anything ATI 9700 on up is good to go...

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:46:42 GMT, "natan75" <stefanikNOSPAM@inwind.it>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >about your opinion which is the best driver for geforce2mx?

Well, I can tell you this much, anything over 6.18 doesn't work well with
Socket 7...the 4x.xx range seem to work best otherwise...

> >thank

Thank...
my MOBO is an AsusA7v8x-x
Cpu Thoro 2000+ overclocked to 2600+
513Mb ram dddr333

and..which is the last compatible DirecX cor my geforce?
what do you thing about 3rd part drivers?

"Nerdillius Maximus" <nobody@nowhere.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Bmchan" <bchiiin@spammmm.net> wrote in message
>> Agreed that we need more info in the MOBO etc. But if you have a GF2
>> installed , it won't run any of the new games. I have an Intel
>> PC2100 2.4ghz P4 with 1 gig of RAM and Doom 3 brings my sytem to its
>> knees. My driver is 44.03.
>
> Ay-yi! It even brings a GF3 to its knees. Not too special with a GF4
> either.
> Works just dandy with the fastest and next fastest box with 4x and 2xAA,
> respectively. A vanilla 6800 or even an AGP 6600 will help greatly. Hell,
> even a FX 5900 ain't bad at all, or anything ATI 9700 on up is good to
> go...
>
>> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:46:42 GMT, "natan75" <stefanikNOSPAM@inwind.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >about your opinion which is the best driver for geforce2mx?
>
> Well, I can tell you this much, anything over 6.18 doesn't work well with
> Socket 7...the 4x.xx range seem to work best otherwise...
>
>> >thank

bmchan

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

Have you considered adding another 512 stick of RAM?

"Bmchan" <bchiiin@spammmm.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Have you considered adding another 512 stick of RAM?

at the moment no

> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:22:19 GMT, "natan75" <stefanikNOSPAM@inwind.it>
> wrote:
>
>>Thank...
>>my MOBO is an AsusA7v8x-x
>>Cpu Thoro 2000+ overclocked to 2600+
>>513Mb ram dddr333
>>
>>and..which is the last compatible DirecX cor my geforce?
>>what do you thing about 3rd part drivers?

Try using the 45.23 for stability with that older card.

--
DaveW

> Thank...
> my MOBO is an AsusA7v8x-x
> Cpu Thoro 2000+ overclocked to 2600+
> 513Mb ram dddr333
>
> and..which is the last compatible DirecX cor my geforce?

DX9c works with it, like it works with a bunch of older cards (including the
Voodoo 5, believe it or not), but the card does not support advanced caps.
It's really a DX7 card in semi-DX8 clothing, as the FX 5200 etc. are pretty
much useless with DX9...

> what do you thing about 3rd part drivers?

I like Omega's sets, or I hack my own sometimes, depending on how much
visual quality I can get away with on older cards before framerate becomes
an issue...then again, I've been known to flash higher clocks into video
BIOSes too, if the card in question is holding the CPU back and I have
enough of a comfortable margin of overclock...

How's Italy this time of year? Always wanted to visit if I could find the
time. Lot of good things come from there...good food, wine, beautiful women,
sports cars, Ducatis, good old-fashioned family values ;-)...

> Try using the 45.23 for stability with that older card.

That set works ok. Just about anything in the 4x.xx works well, as I recall,
but I prefer the 41.14 or the 40.52 sets because they seem a little faster
and just as stable. IIRC, the 40.52s are the last set without the annoying
Macrovision hooks (it's not an issue, really, it can be worked around).
YMMV. With a MX, every little bit helps.

"Nerdillius Maximus" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
With a MX, every little bit helps.

Or if you're a glass half empty kind of person, with an MX, NOTHING helps...

Nerdillius Maximus wrote:
> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
>> Try using the 45.23 for stability with that older card.
>
> That set works ok. Just about anything in the 4x.xx works well, as I
> recall, but I prefer the 41.14 or the 40.52 sets because they seem a
> little faster and just as stable. IIRC, the 40.52s are the last set
> without the annoying Macrovision hooks (it's not an issue, really, it
> can be worked around). YMMV. With a MX, every little bit helps.

Here is what I did; Somebody posted to use 40.52 to fix Macrovision problem
I had. It fixed it all right (thanx )! Then i simply installed Omega
drivers. Now I have v56.72 driver (56.xx is minimal requirement for, let's
say Hitman Contracts) and I still have perfectly good TV picture...