PPC2003

April 13, 2004 1:27:47 AM

Does anyonne know where to get or download pocket pc 2003 upgrade for Ipaq
3630?

Thanks in advance

Gino

More about : ppc2003

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 1:27:48 AM

Hi,
You have to contact HP/Compaq People for upgrade, they
are the OEM who supplies these.

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 1:27:49 AM

Actually, the only upgrade ever developed for
the 3630 was the 2002 version.
From a technical side, the 2003 version won't
fit inside the ROM of your 3630, it is too
small to fit 2003 in.
You might still be able to find the 2002 version
on eBay, but be aware that these will most likely
be copies, and thus illegal.

~S.

"THumma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:18abd01c420c5
$7fd38030$a601280a@phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Actually, the only upgrade ever developed for
> the 3630 was the 2002 version.
> From a technical side, the 2003 version won't
> fit inside the ROM of your 3630, it is too
> small to fit 2003 in.
> You might still be able to find the 2002 version
> on eBay, but be aware that these will most likely
> be copies, and thus illegal.
>
> ~S.
>

> "THumma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:18abd01c420c5
> $7fd38030$a601280a@phx.gbl:
>
>> Hi,
>> You have to contact HP/Compaq People for upgrade, they
>> are the OEM who supplies these.

Thanks Ace for the information, i just found the upgrade at
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handhelds/us/lo...
This is the legal update for my 3630.
It's what you said the PPC2002 version.
The upgrade took a while but works fine.

Gino
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 4:19:40 AM

Ah, I had forgotten it is posted on HP's
site for download. that's what you get for
staying up late. ;)
Glad you're up and running, have fun!

~S.

"Replica" <replica@*remove*replica.xs4all.nl> wrote in news:407b15fa$0$561
$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Problem is that is not the Upgrade from 2000-->2002, it updates a already
installed 2002 to the newer version. Its not well written as that makes it
sound like the real upgrade.

If you look halfway down the page:

Prerequisites
Microsoft Pocket PC 2002

So....EBay is still your best option for the upgrade.

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

> Ah, I had forgotten it is posted on HP's
> site for download. that's what you get for
> staying up late. ;)
> Glad you're up and running, have fun!
>
> ~S.
>

> "Replica" <replica@*remove*replica.xs4all.nl> wrote in news:407b15fa$0$561
> $e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl:
>>
>> Thanks Ace for the information, i just found the upgrade at
>> http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handhelds/us/lo...
>> This is the legal update for my 3630.
>> It's what you said the PPC2002 version.
>> The upgrade took a while but works fine.
>>
>> Gino
>>

> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 12:06:20 PM

There is No upgrade for the 36XX series to PPC-2003, only to Pocket PC 2002.
I don't think HP/Compaq has ever offered a upgrade that brings the machine
up two levels. HP/Compaq does not offer download Updates between OS
versions, only a CD.

--

!