Security Flaw: Any website can read your clipboard text

Web sites you visit can retrieve data from your clipboard depending on
your security settings. Go to this page (www.clipboard.googlemyway.com)
and see if anything shows up in the box. If you are using Firefox or
Opera you probably won't see anything. However, if you are using
Internet Explorer then chances are that whatever you last copied into
your clipboard will be displayed.

It is working even under my Firewall. Seems to be a very major security
flaw.

On 18 Sep 2005 08:07:05 -0700, sudarmuthu@gmail.com wrote:

>Web sites you visit can retrieve data from your clipboard depending on
>your security settings. Go to this page (www.clipboard.googlemyway.com)
>and see if anything shows up in the box. If you are using Firefox or
>Opera you probably won't see anything. However, if you are using
>Internet Explorer then chances are that whatever you last copied into
>your clipboard will be displayed.
>
>It is working even under my Firewall. Seems to be a very major security
>flaw.

Don't expect firewalls to compensate for improper IE security
settings. Read the info at the url you gave. It tells you how to
set IE so the clipboard can't be read by web sites.

Art

http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg