Sign in with
Your question

My pc can't start after shutdown, but if restart, no problem

Last response: in Windows 7
November 24, 2010 9:11:59 AM

I have a problem with my Gigabyte P31DS3L,I'm unable to re-START/re-boot the computer if I shutdown the computer through Windows, but weird thing is, if I'm restart/reboot through Windows, the problem will not happens. Right now, the solution to my problem is, I need to turn off power wall plug, then turn it again , then start the computer like normal.

I already load optimize default from bios, fail-safe option, even formatting from xp to windows 7..
It's really annoying .. and what I noticed. once I push the power button on my casing, it will take around 5 seconds to boot up..

Please help me.
a b $ Windows 7
November 24, 2010 10:34:38 AM

sounds like a hardware issue. Motherboard or PSU most likely. Would it be possible to try a different PSU from somewhere?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 25, 2010 3:42:26 AM

check battery Cmos in mobo, maybe damage !
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2010 12:40:06 PM

The front power switch could be messed up, or the PSU. Do a little scrutiny, you'll find out.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 26, 2010 1:06:01 AM

if PSU 460 W pure no i think no problem with it.

Go bios / power Management /soft-off by PWRBTTN sellect instant -off

if not work .. u check cable power swicth connection on mobo !
m
l
July 1, 2011 1:50:50 AM

saxoration said:
I have a problem with my Gigabyte P31DS3L,I'm unable to re-START/re-boot the computer if I shutdown the computer through Windows, but weird thing is, if I'm restart/reboot through Windows, the problem will not happens. Right now, the solution to my problem is, I need to turn off power wall plug, then turn it again , then start the computer like normal.

I already load optimize default from bios, fail-safe option, even formatting from xp to windows 7..
It's really annoying .. and what I noticed. once I push the power button on my casing, it will take around 5 seconds to boot up..

Please help me.

\

Did SAXORATION ever find the cause of his problem because I seem to have a similar one with a new PC using a Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 Motherbord.

At home, the computer will startup if the Start Button is pressed soon after Shutdown. However, next morning (or even an hour later) it will not start until all power is switched of at the wall socket and then switched on again.

Yet, the supplier cannot duplicate this on his test bench using the same monitor, keyboard and mouse!
m
l
!