Any other manufacturers planning SLI ?

According to Nvidia, the Asus A8N-SLI has been shipped to a number of OEMs.
http://nvidia.com/object/IO_17032.html

They say that retail versions will be available by the end of this month.
They have little more than a week to hold that promise.

Like many, I've been following the Nforce4 SLI news with anticipation. So
far, I can see the following motherboards on the horizon:

- Asus A8N-SLI http://snipurl.com/at9j
- MSI K8N Diamond http://snipurl.com/at9w

Gigabyte have also promised an SLI board, but details are scarce on this at
the moment. Has anyone else committed to the cause?

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
> According to Nvidia, the Asus A8N-SLI has been shipped to a number of
> OEMs.
> http://nvidia.com/object/IO_17032.html
>
> They say that retail versions will be available by the end of this month.
> They have little more than a week to hold that promise.
>
> Like many, I've been following the Nforce4 SLI news with anticipation. So
> far, I can see the following motherboards on the horizon:
>
> - Asus A8N-SLI http://snipurl.com/at9j
> - MSI K8N Diamond http://snipurl.com/at9w
>
> Gigabyte have also promised an SLI board, but details are scarce on this
> at
> the moment. Has anyone else committed to the cause?

What cause?. To spend a $hit load of money on two PCI-E cards for added FPS?

Richard Dower wrote:

>> Like many, I've been following the Nforce4 SLI news with anticipation.
>> Has anyone else committed to the cause?
>
> What cause?. To spend a $hit load of money on two PCI-E cards for added FPS?

Rather the cause of earning a ****load of money selling a mobo bundled
with two over the top expensive vid cards. I'm more interested in my
destiny: being the consumer they want me to be, and to buying one of
those packages. Bring it on!

Oh, andehm, the only board that seems to be 'on the market' as of yet is
the ASUS board. I'll buy whichever I get my hands on first, provided
ofcourse there are 6800U's in PCIe to go with it. So far, these are also
in _extremely_ short supply, although they do exist (eVGA).

Cuzman:

> They say that retail versions will be available by the end of this
> month. They have little more than a week to hold that promise.

I have yet to read a review with SLI benchmarks so I believe it is
unlikely any boards will be available for purchase by the end of the
month.

It's hard to imagine we'll see the kind of advantages we saw from Voodoo2
SLI.
--
Mac Cool

> I have yet to read a review with SLI benchmarks so I believe it is
> unlikely any boards will be available for purchase by the end of the
> month.
>
> It's hard to imagine we'll see the kind of advantages we saw from Voodoo2
> SLI.

Here you go...

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041122/pcie-analyse-07.html

Though I'm not sure you actually wanted the SLI benchmarks, since that
would be a graphics card issue. And they were talking motherboards.
The difference in SLI speed on MB shouldn't be great IMHO. It's the
card Benchmarks that I'd pay attention to.

As for whether or not the cards are available by the end of the
month...anyone's guess. Some were shipped, but to who? Personally I
doubt it since everything seems to stand still during Thanksgiving
week.

There's a review over at www.hardocp.com too.