Graphical glitch i HL2 with 6800 GT

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Hello,

received a new POV 6800 GT yesterday, replacing a 9800 XT.

I,ve noticed a graphical glitch in HL2 with the GT which wasn't there with
the XT.

It has to do with rendering reflections of surroundings in water. When I
stand close to water then the reflections have some kind af "blockiness" in
them(for lack of a better word, it is not blockiness like when a texture is
not filtered). As if the algorithm which has to simulate the reflection is
not working properly.

I,ve only been at one spot in HL2 with the 6800 GT, it is where you get off
your hovercraftthingy and go into a building. Stranded ship outside and
helicopter starts attacking soon after.

Running 67.02 drivers. This happens both when non OC (350/1000) and OC
(420/1150)

Has anyone else experienced something like the above?

Regards,

Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> received a new POV 6800 GT yesterday, replacing a 9800 XT.
>
> I,ve noticed a graphical glitch in HL2 with the GT which wasn't there with
> the XT.
>
> It has to do with rendering reflections of surroundings in water. When I
> stand close to water then the reflections have some kind af "blockiness" in
> them(for lack of a better word, it is not blockiness like when a texture is
> not filtered). As if the algorithm which has to simulate the reflection is
> not working properly.
>
> I,ve only been at one spot in HL2 with the 6800 GT, it is where you get off
> your hovercraftthingy and go into a building. Stranded ship outside and
> helicopter starts attacking soon after.
>
> Running 67.02 drivers. This happens both when non OC (350/1000) and OC
> (420/1150)
>
> Has anyone else experienced something like the above?

I'm running an Albatron 6800GT on 66.93 drivers, and never saw anything like
that. Everything looks great, here.
-Marshall

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Got the exact same card. No probs here. Same driver btw.

Martin.