Quadro Conversion

Does anyone know of way to convert a Leadtek Geforce 4 4400ti to a Quadro.
I remember being able to do it
to the Geforce 1's and 2's but don't recall anything about the Geforce 3's
and 4's. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Michael S Fedor wrote:
> Does anyone know of way to convert a Leadtek Geforce 4 4400ti to a Quadro.
> I remember being able to do it
> to the Geforce 1's and 2's but don't recall anything about the Geforce 3's
> and 4's.

that's because from the GeForce4s onwards there are hardware feature
differences between the cards ;) it says "quadro" in windows and that's
about it, it doesn't do anything performance wise. i softmodded my
GeForce4 into a quadro a while back but the 3D application performance
was exactly the same.

Paul Gunson wrote:

>> Does anyone know of way to convert a Leadtek Geforce 4 4400ti to a
>> Quadro. I remember being able to do it
>> to the Geforce 1's and 2's but don't recall anything about the
>> Geforce 3's and 4's.
>
> that's because from the GeForce4s onwards there are hardware feature
> differences between the cards ;)

That's not true. Geforce4, GeforceFX and Geforce6800 are _exactly_ the same
chips like the Quadro4 or QuadroFX series...

> it says "quadro" in windows and
> that's about it, it doesn't do anything performance wise. i
> softmodded my GeForce4 into a quadro a while back but the 3D
> application performance was exactly the same.

What "3D application"? And what performance increase did You expect?

Even a real Quadro is _not_ faster than a comparable Geforce. In fact, most
Geforce cards are faster since the Quadro versions are usually based on the
standard version of the GPU while most Geforce cards are available with
higher clock rates.

The only difference between Geforce and Quadro are some additional features
like antialiased lines, which are only used by some professional
applications (mostly bigger CAD packages), and the drivers which are
certified for certain applications.

So, for most users a Quadro mod only brings the loss of warranty, and that's
it...

Benjamin

Michael S Fedor wrote:
> Does anyone know of way to convert a Leadtek Geforce 4 4400ti to a Quadro.
> I remember being able to do it
> to the Geforce 1's and 2's but don't recall anything about the Geforce 3's
> and 4's. Any info would be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

Its's SoftQuadro: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=517

Roy

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
> What "3D application"? And what performance increase did You expect?
>
> Even a real Quadro is _not_ faster than a comparable Geforce.

i never said they were faster - i was hoping for hardware overlays in
maya, to speed up window redraws and Artisan. of course this didn't
happen....