Kerio 4 baffles me

Hi,

I was a happy user of Kerio, version 3 I think it was. After buying a
new computer I downloaded Kerio and installed the new version, 4. It is
amazingly different from Kerio 3, but as far as stealthing my pc is
concerned, it does the job as well as ever.
However, I've run into a small difficulty because it apparently doesn't
allow my time-adjusting program, Dimension 4, to contact a time server
and adjust my clock. Kerio doesn't even ask me what to do when Dimension
4 runs. (As soon as I disable Kerio, D4 works as expected.) Of course I
tried to "make a new rule" for the application, but unfortunately I
couldn't find a way to do this.
Any help is appreciated.

w.

Depends on what you have in your packet filter. For D4, you should allow TCP
and UDP, both directions, for D4 to port 123 (NTP). In network security you
want ask, permit, permit, permit.
wasknijper <wasknijper@x.y> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was a happy user of Kerio, version 3 I think it was. After buying a
>new computer I downloaded Kerio and installed the new version, 4. It is
>amazingly different from Kerio 3, but as far as stealthing my pc is
>concerned, it does the job as well as ever.
>However, I've run into a small difficulty because it apparently doesn't
>allow my time-adjusting program, Dimension 4, to contact a time server
>and adjust my clock. Kerio doesn't even ask me what to do when Dimension
>4 runs. (As soon as I disable Kerio, D4 works as expected.) Of course I
>tried to "make a new rule" for the application, but unfortunately I
>couldn't find a way to do this.
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>w.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0537-2, 09/16/2005
Tested on: 9/18/2005 10:38:08 AM

sded wrote:
> Depends on what you have in your packet filter. For D4, you should allow TCP
> and UDP, both directions, for D4 to port 123 (NTP). In network security you
> want ask, permit, permit, permit.

Thank you! It's very much the same program after all, but it was the
combination of a new user interface and new terminology ("packet
filter") that confused me.

hi
i just need to know that can we do source based routing on pix firewall
version 515.if yes plz tell me the configuration or tell me that
document for it.

warm regards,
adnan butt
wasknijper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was a happy user of Kerio, version 3 I think it was. After buying a
> new computer I downloaded Kerio and installed the new version, 4. It is
> amazingly different from Kerio 3, but as far as stealthing my pc is
> concerned, it does the job as well as ever.
> However, I've run into a small difficulty because it apparently doesn't
> allow my time-adjusting program, Dimension 4, to contact a time server
> and adjust my clock. Kerio doesn't even ask me what to do when Dimension
> 4 runs. (As soon as I disable Kerio, D4 works as expected.) Of course I
> tried to "make a new rule" for the application, but unfortunately I
> couldn't find a way to do this.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> w.

wasknijper <wasknijper@x.y> wrote:
> I downloaded Kerio and installed the new version, 4. It is
> amazingly different from Kerio 3, but as far as stealthing my pc is
> concerned, it does the job as well as ever.

Yes, they both don't "stealth" your PC at all - because this just is
nonsense.

Yours,
VB.
deutschen Schlafzimmern passiert".
Harald Schmidt zum "Weltjugendtag"

In article <1127151770.815420.230880@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
nanu <adnanawaisebutt@gmail.com> wrote:
>i just need to know that can we do source based routing on pix firewall
>version 515.if yes plz tell me the configuration or tell me that
>document for it.

It was not possible to do any kind of source routing with PIX software
version 5.1(5).

Did you happen to mean PIX model number 515 instead of version 515?
The PIX model 515 supports PIX software version 6.3 and 7.0.

6.3 on the PIX 515 supports route maps for use with OSPF -- but
that's the only kind of route maps you can use in PIX 6.3

I have not looked to see if you can do any kind of source routing
in PIX 7.0.
-- Christopher Priest