Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Athlon XP2400
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP r.1.1 KT333 chipset
512mb RAM
2 Hard drives
Currently Radeon 8500 64mb @ 300/300
Powersupply no name 350W

I'm going to purchase the above card pretty soon. Just waiting for the price
to fall slightly below the £150 mark.

Do you think the card will function properly in my system? Do you think Doom
3 will be able to run high details @ 1024x768 with my CPU.

Thanks people

Dan

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Dan ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

> Athlon XP2400
> Gigabyte GA-7VRXP r.1.1 KT333 chipset
> 512mb RAM
> 2 Hard drives
> Currently Radeon 8500 64mb @ 300/300
> Powersupply no name 350W
>
> I'm going to purchase the above card pretty soon. Just waiting for the
> price to fall slightly below the £150 mark.
>
> Do you think the card will function properly in my system? Do you
> think Doom 3 will be able to run high details @ 1024x768 with my CPU.
>
> Thanks people
>
> Dan

It will be fine, give you a nice performance increase. I dont know what
sort of frames you'd get with doom, not played it myself.

please dont take it as an offence if i suggest changing the cpu sometime.
The KT333 chipset can take 166mhz fsb processors (like Semprons or Athlon
XP's up to a 3000+); it might also mean changing the ram (depending on what
type of ram you have) and that would give you a very respectable
performance increase too. And would make up for any performance shortfall
you might have with Doom.