  • Simpson
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 27, 2004 12:54:12 PM

Can someone recommend a card that is capable of 1920x1080 resolution?

--
Nik Simpson

More about : cards capable 1920x1080

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 2:23:43 PM

You're more likely to be limited by the capabilities of the display device
you want to use than your video card. Most modern cards are capable of even
higher resolution settings.
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 2:37:32 PM

TakeNoShit wrote:
> You're more likely to be limited by the capabilities of the display
> device you want to use than your video card.

Yes, I know that, and its not the issue, the display device is quite capable
of handling it.

> Most modern cards are capable of even higher resolution settings.

I was looking for something more specific, or perhaps even some personal
experience with a particular card.

--
Nik Simpson
November 27, 2004 7:54:51 PM

> I was looking for something more specific, or perhaps even some
> personal experience with a particular card.

To test, I added the resolution 1920x1080x32bit @ 60Hz via the NVidia
control panel for my Geforce 4 Ti 4400. It's got quite a flicker on my
monitor (which is speced for 1600x1200), but it seems like the video card
has no trouble with it.
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 2:50:49 AM

Nik Simpson wrote:

> I was looking for something more specific, or perhaps even some personal
> experience with a particular card.

My GeForce4 Ti4200 (128Mb) does 1920x1080 @ 60, 75 or even 85 Hz just
fine (though it looks a bit squashed on my Sony F520, because that's not
widescreen). Although the drivers will let me override the refresh up to
100Hz, I can't get it to work at a higher rate than 85.

Does that help in any way?
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 2:50:50 AM

RJT wrote:
> Nik Simpson wrote:
>
>> I was looking for something more specific, or perhaps even some
>> personal experience with a particular card.
>
> My GeForce4 Ti4200 (128Mb) does 1920x1080 @ 60, 75 or even 85 Hz just
> fine (though it looks a bit squashed on my Sony F520, because that's
> not widescreen). Although the drivers will let me override the
> refresh up to 100Hz, I can't get it to work at a higher rate than 85.
>
> Does that help in any way?

Yes, it does.

--
Nik Simpson