Hunter

Did anyone try getting a Hunter while still in LS? I was thinking about
getting it with the Reuniting the Families exploit....will that work?
And where I should be storing it?

Thx.

That's the helicopter, right? Do you mean from the military base? I
went there at that point of the game, but there was no tank or 'copter.
I tried to nick a Patriot, but I couldn't get it over the barrier (I
went to get a Packer, but the patriot had gone when I went back).

Phil Hibbs.

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> That's the helicopter, right? Do you mean from the military base? I
> went there at that point of the game, but there was no tank or 'copter.
> I tried to nick a Patriot, but I couldn't get it over the barrier (I

Just look for the soft spot and go through, not over.

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> That's the helicopter, right? Do you mean from the military base? I
> went there at that point of the game, but there was no tank or 'copter.
> I tried to nick a Patriot, but I couldn't get it over the barrier (I
> went to get a Packer, but the patriot had gone when I went back).

You'd need two. A packer to get the Patriot out, and another one to get the
first one in.

It's probably much easier to just crash through the gate near the Patriot.

I thought there is one Hunter in the East Basin Carrier Base, no? Last
time I played RTF, I went to LS airport, nicked a plane, chute to the
carrier base and stole the Patriot. Didn't need to ram anything to get
out. The gate was open.

Oh yes, in Area 69, there is a gate in the south end that you can
easily ram out.

Hm, maybe I could just get a tank (if any) to do vigilante instead of
the hunter if I couldn't store in during RTF exploit.

In message <1122632124.737669.197340@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's the helicopter, right? Do you mean from the military base? I
> went there at that point of the game, but there was no tank or 'copter.
> I tried to nick a Patriot, but I couldn't get it over the barrier (I
> went to get a Packer, but the patriot had gone when I went back).

As far as I'm aware, helicopters only start to spawn when you unlock
either the Badlands or San Fierro.
The military choppers don't spawn until wayyyyy later in the game
(After unlocking Las Venturas thugh regular storlyine gameplay).

The one exception is the Maverick at SF airport, although good luck
trying to nick and successfully take it back to LS with four stars.

Cheers,
Rob

Soft spot? The barrier is slightly wider than the bridge and extends
infinitely high! (or at least, higher than a helicopter will go)

Oh, I just realised that you're talking about the military fence. I was
talking about the bridge.

Phil Hibbs.

Oh so I won't be able to bring back any vehicle from other cities
before I unlock the areas, becoz of the barriers? How about during the
"Reuniting the Families" exploit? Will they drop the road blocks? ....
When I nicked the Patriot in the RTF exploit last time, I just stored
it in the SF abandoned xoomer garage, coz I didn't need to use it
anyway. Now, if I want a Rhino to do vigilante in LS, I need to bring
it across ....so I can't?

If you can find a Packer sufficiently close to the bridge that the
Patriot does not de-spawn, then there should be no problem. You could
push the Patriot with the Packer, or just take them both together by
stoping every few hundred yards. Just make sure you jump diagonally off
the bridge, you can go round the barrier but not over it.

I couldn't be bothered. You can get a patriot by doing the firefighter
mission until one turns up.

Phil Hibbs.