ECS ANNOUCES MOTHERBOARDS WITH AGP AND PCI EXPRESS FINALLY!!

I've avoided ECS since the K7S5A days when a web site published a fix for it
involving the resistors under the socket, after which it would pass
memtest86. ECS forced the site to remove the thread.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/NewsRoom/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsID=150&MenuID=14&LanID=0

> > now only thier was an nforce version.... hint hint nvidia... lol
> >

> I'd love to see nForce 4 with AGP support. It would cost consumers less to
> upgrade.

What's wrong with NF3 250Gb ?

DaveL

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message

> What's wrong with NF3 250Gb ?

It's not nForce 4.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:15:43 -0800, "Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there>
wrote:

>I've avoided ECS since the K7S5A days when a web site published a fix for it
>involving the resistors under the socket, after which it would pass
>memtest86. ECS forced the site to remove the thread.

Thought it was just one resistor -- and it's been running fine ever
since. Happily, where I work we have guys that do SMT rework on 0402
devices (and 0102 but they demand donuts for that) and the resistor in
question was a relative giant at 0603.

IIRC, at least one other, smaller mobo maker got into the same fix in
setting that sense resistor (a .pdf of their tech bulletin made the
rounds). There might still be a copy floating around the forum where
most of the refugees ended up.

I don't know that it was ever proven that ECS forced the site to act as
they did but unquestionably the moderators removed postings that alluded
to the issue and banned anybody that questioned their behavior. I have
before and after archives of several threads -- well, except for my last
one where I only have the before... ;-)

Mr Athlon, we still salute you, where ever you are!

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Running a K7S5A v3.1 right now. It's more stable than the Asus board it
replaced. I guess timing is everything...

BTW, Asus's cheap brand AsRock now has a board with both S754 and S939
sockets and duplicate RAM slots. Installing the RAM with S939 activates
dual-channel mode.