Dual temperature sensors on Nvidia TI4200, core and surfac..

According to Speedfan 4.18 my MSI Geforce4 TI4200(8x) has two temperature
sensors (Winbond W83L785R). Measurement is on the L2CNVidia SMbus.
I have the following temp readings:
1. 46-47 and 41-42 with CPU/FPU idle and a non-moving XP GUI, VGA fan
at full speed (3350 RPM).
Reducing the VGA fan RPM's increases both temps. Ok, obvious.
Could these readings relate to GPU core and GPU surface temps ?

Regards Ronald
1 answer Last reply
More about dual temperature sensors nvidia ti4200 core surfac

    I know there is a temp probe under the copper sink beside the GPU..at least
    on my MSI Ti4200VTD-8X there is...so it might be a diode temp and surface as
    you say...google it and see...

Nvidia Temperature Graphics