AA 4 AF 8 should i gte a X800 Pro instead on a 6800 GT ???

Thats the settings i want to play my games at, high end card and i
want the eye candy, but from whati ve been reading the X800 pro can
do this and still keep the FPSes going high ??

Anyone care to help me out here ??

Just confused.

And i want a new vid card so much.

Thanks.

SP

i got myself a 6800GT with 256MB of memory and its a wonderful card. mine
is the MSI version as it was quite a games bundle and the price was perfect.
i am a loyal nvidia guy but i will say that ati can keep up pretty well if
not beat the nvidia cards. In terms of gaming this card eats anything alive
and still has grunt left. Call of duty runs at about 70fps at 1024x768x32.
UT2004 runs at about 80fps. Max payne 2 hits 90fps with 4xAA and 8xAF. as
i said it is a monster of a card and is well worth it.

plus the 6800GT is cheaper than a X800pro by about £30 (im in the uk but
that is about $51) so u get a more powerful card for cheaper. a win win
situation. 1 thing i will say is make sure ur comp can handle the card as i
experience CPU limitation (i.e. cpu cant give the instructions quick enough
to the card, in case u didn't know) and make sure ur memory has quite low
timings as this is holding my machine back at the moment.

hope this helps

sp

Well i have a mobile barton 2500 at 2.4ghz, 200fsb, 5,2,2,5 memory
timings, this good enough ??/

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:44:23 GMT, "sp"
<die.all.spammers@bloodbath.com> wrote:

>i got myself a 6800GT with 256MB of memory and its a wonderful card. mine
>is the MSI version as it was quite a games bundle and the price was perfect.
>i am a loyal nvidia guy but i will say that ati can keep up pretty well if
>not beat the nvidia cards. In terms of gaming this card eats anything alive
>and still has grunt left. Call of duty runs at about 70fps at 1024x768x32.
>UT2004 runs at about 80fps. Max payne 2 hits 90fps with 4xAA and 8xAF. as
>i said it is a monster of a card and is well worth it.
>
>plus the 6800GT is cheaper than a X800pro by about £30 (im in the uk but
>that is about $51) so u get a more powerful card for cheaper. a win win
>situation. 1 thing i will say is make sure ur comp can handle the card as i
>experience CPU limitation (i.e. cpu cant give the instructions quick enough
>to the card, in case u didn't know) and make sure ur memory has quite low
>timings as this is holding my machine back at the moment.
>
>hope this helps
>
>sp

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

You need 16pipes on whichever card you buy, so a X800pro Vivo would be a
better choice (you can enable the pipes with a bios flash).

rms

rms wrote:

> You need 16pipes on whichever card you buy

I agree.

> so a X800pro Vivo would be a better choice

Which has 12 pipes, thank you.

> (you can enable the pipes with a bios flash).

There's no guarantee that'll work, even if he does know how to do it.
I'd stick with the first advice, and take the 6800GT. Better price
performance value, no need to invalidate warranty and risk having a card
with broken pipelines that can't be activated or faulty flashes...

UMM why >???, x800 pro is not so much slower even with 12 pipes ?