Video capture programs for 6600GT

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

G'day folks, are there any video capture programs that can take
advantage of the hardware encoder of the 6600GT ?

I'm using a Gainward Ultra/1960XP "Golden Sample" AGP card, (has VIVO).

TIA,
Dave

Is that agp or pcx? (Not relevant to the question. I want to get the agp.)

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Ed Light wrote:
> Is that agp or pcx? (Not relevant to the question. I want to get the agp.)

>> I'm using a Gainward Ultra/1960XP "Golden Sample" AGP card, ...
^^^

tch, tch...not paying attention ;)

Just a couple of figures for you:

13272 3DMark2001SE nVidia 6600GT 1024*768
7819 3DMark03 nVidia 6600GT 1024*768
1984 3DMark05 nVidia 6600GT 1280*1024
~9000 3DMark2001SE Radeon 9600Pro 1024*768
~2700 3DMark03 Radeon 9600Pro 1024*768
914 3DMark05 Radeon 9600Pro 1280*1024

Athlon XP 2500+ @ 1827MHz (not overclocked)

No effort made at optimising the system, lots of background processes
still running, boring generic DDR RAM (ie. cheap).

Dave

"Dave" <QBXVRAVCYLPD@spammotel.com> wrote
> Just a couple of figures for you:
Looks like fun!

> still running, boring generic DDR RAM (ie. cheap).
Me too. I think we're giving away, maybe, 5% at most.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Ed Light wrote:
> "Dave" <QBXVRAVCYLPD@spammotel.com> wrote
>
>>still running, boring generic DDR RAM (ie. cheap).
>
> Me too. I think we're giving away, maybe, 5% at most.

Possibly, but if I put in DDR400 I'll be able to ramp up the FSB on the
Barton, people commonly oc it to ~2-2.1GHz - which, in turn, will
increase my frame rates ;)

Dave

Dave,

How loud is the fan?

> Possibly, but if I put in DDR400 I'll be able to ramp up the FSB on the
> Barton, people commonly oc it to ~2-2.1GHz - which, in turn, will increase
> my frame rates ;)

Is it possible to set pc2700 memory at 2100 and then crank up the bus until
it's 2700 again? I know that's supposed to work on the nforce 3 250, if I
remember right -- but that's athlon 64 stuff.

Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Ed Light wrote:
> Dave,
>
> How loud is the fan?
>

>>Possibly, but if I put in DDR400 I'll be able to ramp up the FSB on the
>>Barton, people commonly oc it to ~2-2.1GHz - which, in turn, will increase
>>my frame rates ;)
>

> Is it possible to set pc2700 memory at 2100 and then crank up the bus until
> it's 2700 again? I know that's supposed to work on the nforce 3 250, if I
> remember right -- but that's athlon 64 stuff.

Nope - to set it to 2100 you reduce the clock to 133, then if you up it
to 166 it's back to 2700.

Only way is to get faster RAM, (or decent overclockable RAM in the first
place).

Daev

Dave,

How loud is the fan on your Gainward?

Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

"Dave" <QBXVRAVCYLPD@spammotel.com> wrote
>> Is it possible to set pc2700 memory at 2100 and then crank up the bus
>> until it's 2700 again? I know that's supposed to work on the nforce 3
>> 250, if I remember right -- but that's athlon 64 stuff.
>>

> Nope - to set it to 2100 you reduce the clock to 133, then if you up it to
> 166 it's back to 2700.

I thought that the memory clock could be set independently of the bus. So,
it would be some ratio less.

Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Ed Light wrote:
> Dave,
>
> How loud is the fan on your Gainward?

Who knows - can't hear it over the sound of the twin PSU fans ;)

Dave

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Ed Light wrote:
> "Dave" <QBXVRAVCYLPD@spammotel.com> wrote
>
>>>Is it possible to set pc2700 memory at 2100 and then crank up the bus
>>>until it's 2700 again? I know that's supposed to work on the nforce 3
>>>250, if I remember right -- but that's athlon 64 stuff.
>>>

>>Nope - to set it to 2100 you reduce the clock to 133, then if you up it to
>>166 it's back to 2700.
>

> I thought that the memory clock could be set independently of the bus. So,
> it would be some ratio less.

There's no point, if you haven't got the CPU and RAM running
synchronous, (in this case 166MHz FSB), you start to introduce wait states.

I'm using an EPoX 8RDA+ BTW, (nForce2 U400).

Dave

"Dave" <QBXVRAVCYLPD@spammotel.com> wrote
> There's no point, if you haven't got the CPU and RAM running synchronous,
> (in this case 166MHz FSB), you start to introduce wait states.

Yeah, I guess the only time you'd want to do it is with an A64 where you
have to increase the bus to overclock.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/