Best Card for Video Editing????

TechMaster

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

A simple question....Hopefully some simple answers?

I'm doing video editing on my system right now with the
pinnicale systems movie box. Connect's Via Fire Wire.
I have very nice results with capturing video, But i have
Terrible results tring to send video out. Its all Pixels that look
like running all over the screen real fast.
I have also tried other Apps like Ulead Video studio and
Adobe Premiere, all give me the same result.
Of course i would also like to use the card for game play
But if it comes down to picking one which is best for Video editing or
games i would want Video editing.

2.4 Ghz INTEL 1 gig ram 333Mhz FSB
500 Watt Power supply
Thanks in advance

TechMaster wrote:
> A simple question....Hopefully some simple answers?
>
> I'm doing video editing on my system right now with the
> pinnicale systems movie box. Connect's Via Fire Wire.
> I have very nice results with capturing video, But i have
> Terrible results tring to send video out. Its all Pixels that look
> like running all over the screen real fast.
> I have also tried other Apps like Ulead Video studio and
> Adobe Premiere, all give me the same result.
> Of course i would also like to use the card for game play
> But if it comes down to picking one which is best for Video editing or
> games i would want Video editing.
>
> 2.4 Ghz INTEL 1 gig ram 333Mhz FSB
> 500 Watt Power supply
> Thanks in advance

You should pose your question again in rec.video.desktop, or maybe even
rec.video.production . Just about any video card is OK for video editing,
and I'm not sure what you mean by "sending the video out". Are you
displaying to an NTSC or PAL monitor? Or, are you having trouble printing
to tape? Or after rendering your project, are you having trouble with it on
your CRT or Flat Screen monitor? - A little more info could be helpful.

When I chose cards for editing, I chose any card that was dual-monitor
capable. If you get serious about editing, you'll never go back to a single
monitor after using two or more. If you have need to display to a TV before
your final rendering (a good idea but not always 100% necessary), then you
should pick any video card that has S-Video out, or you should consider
buying an NTSC or PAL video monitor. Video is 2D. You don't need anything
special to display video in Premier or any other NLE app.