GeForce FX5700VE display problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 3, 2004 11:25:42 PM

I can't access the Nview display mode to get the pc to send a TV out signal
via the composite video cable.
According to the manual there should be a Nview Display Mode option which
should allow me to select output devices.
The drivers are version 6.14.10.5664

Thanks for your time
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 11:25:43 PM

"homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I can't access the Nview display mode to get the pc to send a TV out signal
> via the composite video cable.
> According to the manual there should be a Nview Display Mode option which
> should allow me to select output devices.
> The drivers are version 6.14.10.5664
>
> Thanks for your time

Can you clarify -
Can not access nView Display mode as grayout or is not available?

CapFusion,...
December 4, 2004 3:11:32 PM

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message

> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I can't access the Nview display mode to get the pc to send a TV out
signal
> > via the composite video cable.
> > According to the manual there should be a Nview Display Mode option
which
> > should allow me to select output devices.
> > The drivers are version 6.14.10.5664
> >
> > Thanks for your time
> >

> Can you clarify -
> Can not access nView Display mode as grayout or is not available?
>
> CapFusion,...

sorry CapFusion I should have been clearer..
nView display mode is not available. I didn't know it existed until I saw it
on the user manual, which uses my graphics card as an example.
at the back of the pc i have svideo out, composite video out, vivo,dvi,
sockets.

thanks

homer
December 6, 2004 3:07:12 PM

> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >I can't access the Nview display mode to get the pc to send a TV out
> signal
>> > via the composite video cable.
>> > According to the manual there should be a Nview Display Mode option
> which
>> > should allow me to select output devices.
>> > The drivers are version 6.14.10.5664
>> >
>> > Thanks for your time
>> >

>> Can you clarify -
>> Can not access nView Display mode as grayout or is not available?
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>
> sorry CapFusion I should have been clearer..
> nView display mode is not available. I didn't know it existed until I saw
> it
> on the user manual, which uses my graphics card as an example.
> at the back of the pc i have svideo out, composite video out, vivo,dvi,
> sockets.
>
> thanks
>
> homer

That is alot better.
From this last reply, this implied that your card is detecting the S-Vide /
Composite [RCA] etc and therefore do not have nView Display Mode option in
your GeForce Menu.

Possible problem:
Cable maybe too long or not in good condition.
Both end of the cable may not be firmly attach.
I assume you using a dongle cable, if so, check if firmly connect / attach.
Or the port maybe the issue.

Try update your driver to see if it will make any differences.
Can you try download the latest driver from nVidia -
Graphics Driver > GeForce and TnT2 > [your Operating System] > Click on any
link site.
Save to your local folder. Find folder and execute the download / saved
file. Follow those steps.

If your card still do not see nVidia Display, check the following -
Troubleshooting [Menu]
My connected TV is not being detected.
Detect display [botten]

In normal working card, you do not need to force detection of a connection
like a TV.

Try using another good S-Video or RCA cable.

CapFusion,...
December 7, 2004 2:00:18 AM

> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> signal
>> which

>>> Can you clarify -
>>> Can not access nView Display mode as grayout or is not available?
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>
>> sorry CapFusion I should have been clearer..
>> nView display mode is not available. I didn't know it existed until I saw
>> it
>> on the user manual, which uses my graphics card as an example.
>> at the back of the pc i have svideo out, composite video out, vivo,dvi,
>> sockets.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> homer
>>

> That is alot better.
> From this last reply, this implied that your card is detecting the S-Vide
> /
> Composite [RCA] etc and therefore do not have nView Display Mode option in
> your GeForce Menu.
>
> Possible problem:
> Cable maybe too long or not in good condition.
> Both end of the cable may not be firmly attach.
> I assume you using a dongle cable, if so, check if firmly connect /
> attach.
> Or the port maybe the issue.
>
> Try update your driver to see if it will make any differences.
> Can you try download the latest driver from nVidia -
> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
> Graphics Driver > GeForce and TnT2 > [your Operating System] > Click on
> any link site.
> Save to your local folder. Find folder and execute the download / saved
> file. Follow those steps.
>
> If your card still do not see nVidia Display, check the following -
> Troubleshooting [Menu]
> My connected TV is not being detected.
> Detect display [botten]
>
> In normal working card, you do not need to force detection of a connection
> like a TV.
>
> Try using another good S-Video or RCA cable.
>
> CapFusion,...

downloaded the latest drivers and nView display is now available! thanks
BUT
I still get no picture on my TV. I am using a RCA cable (my tv does not have
s video)
it looks like my card does not detect th TV
I have tried
Troubleshooting [Menu]
My connected TV is not being detected.
Detect display
still no luck....
any ideas?
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 2:00:19 AM

> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message

>>> signal
>>> which

>>> sorry CapFusion I should have been clearer..
>>> nView display mode is not available. I didn't know it existed until I
>>> saw
>>> it
>>> on the user manual, which uses my graphics card as an example.
>>> at the back of the pc i have svideo out, composite video out, vivo,dvi,
>>> sockets.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> homer
>>>

>> That is alot better.
>> From this last reply, this implied that your card is detecting the S-Vide
>> /
>> Composite [RCA] etc and therefore do not have nView Display Mode option
>> in
>> your GeForce Menu.
>>
>> Possible problem:
>> Cable maybe too long or not in good condition.
>> Both end of the cable may not be firmly attach.
>> I assume you using a dongle cable, if so, check if firmly connect /
>> attach.
>> Or the port maybe the issue.
>>
>> Try update your driver to see if it will make any differences.
>> Can you try download the latest driver from nVidia -
>> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>> Graphics Driver > GeForce and TnT2 > [your Operating System] > Click on
>> any link site.
>> Save to your local folder. Find folder and execute the download / saved
>> file. Follow those steps.
>>
>> If your card still do not see nVidia Display, check the following -
>> Troubleshooting [Menu]
>> My connected TV is not being detected.
>> Detect display [botten]
>>
>> In normal working card, you do not need to force detection of a
>> connection like a TV.
>>
>> Try using another good S-Video or RCA cable.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

> downloaded the latest drivers and nView display is now available! thanks
> BUT
> I still get no picture on my TV. I am using a RCA cable (my tv does not
> have s video)
> it looks like my card does not detect th TV
> I have tried
> Troubleshooting [Menu]
> My connected TV is not being detected.
> Detect display
> still no luck....
> any ideas?

In nVidia Display Mode, what mode does it have listing?
Does it have Clone / DualView etc except Standard? If those listing
available, can you try them? Do you have the cable still attach from your TV
and your card?

CapFusion,...
December 8, 2004 11:23:38 PM

> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> That is alot better.
>>> From this last reply, this implied that your card is detecting the
>>> S-Vide /
>>> Composite [RCA] etc and therefore do not have nView Display Mode option
>>> in
>>> your GeForce Menu.
>>>
>>> Possible problem:
>>> Cable maybe too long or not in good condition.
>>> Both end of the cable may not be firmly attach.
>>> I assume you using a dongle cable, if so, check if firmly connect /
>>> attach.
>>> Or the port maybe the issue.
>>>
>>> Try update your driver to see if it will make any differences.
>>> Can you try download the latest driver from nVidia -
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>>> Graphics Driver > GeForce and TnT2 > [your Operating System] > Click on
>>> any link site.
>>> Save to your local folder. Find folder and execute the download / saved
>>> file. Follow those steps.
>>>
>>> If your card still do not see nVidia Display, check the following -
>>> Troubleshooting [Menu]
>>> My connected TV is not being detected.
>>> Detect display [botten]
>>>
>>> In normal working card, you do not need to force detection of a
>>> connection like a TV.
>>>
>>> Try using another good S-Video or RCA cable.
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>

>> downloaded the latest drivers and nView display is now available! thanks
>> BUT
>> I still get no picture on my TV. I am using a RCA cable (my tv does not
>> have s video)
>> it looks like my card does not detect th TV
>> I have tried
>> Troubleshooting [Menu]
>> My connected TV is not being detected.
>> Detect display
>> still no luck....
>> any ideas?
>>

> In nVidia Display Mode, what mode does it have listing?
> Does it have Clone / DualView etc except Standard? If those listing
> available, can you try them? Do you have the cable still attach from your
> TV and your card?
>
> CapFusion,...

in nVidia Display Mode I have the following options...
single display
clone
horizontal span
vertical span
dual view

I have tried all the settings and get no picture on the tv
it also has a detect displays tab
which always only detects the monitor not the tv
any ideas?
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 11:23:39 PM

homer wrote:
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in
> message news:ibOdnY0G7o14eyncRVn-pA@megapath.net...
>>
>> "homer" <homer25_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe@CrazyJunk.Com> wrote in
>>> message news:vNSdnXvARfJMJincRVn-sg@megapath.net...

>>> downloaded the latest drivers and nView display is now available!
>>> thanks BUT
>>> I still get no picture on my TV. I am using a RCA cable (my tv does
>>> not have s video)
>>> it looks like my card does not detect th TV
>>> I have tried
>>> Troubleshooting [Menu]
>>> My connected TV is not being detected.
>>> Detect display
>>> still no luck....
>>> any ideas?
>>>

>> In nVidia Display Mode, what mode does it have listing?
>> Does it have Clone / DualView etc except Standard? If those listing
>> available, can you try them? Do you have the cable still attach from
>> your TV and your card?
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

> in nVidia Display Mode I have the following options...
> single display
> clone
> horizontal span
> vertical span
> dual view
>
> I have tried all the settings and get no picture on the tv
> it also has a detect displays tab
> which always only detects the monitor not the tv
> any ideas?

From you are describing, sound like your cable is not at par / condition OR
your card where the S-Video / RCA maybe defect.
The - detect displays tab - is meant to force or try to detect if TV is
attach.

BTW -
When you booting up your PC and while your TV is attach [assuming], do you
see display on your TV while during booting process?
If you do not see any display, I would and assume your TVout on the card or
the cable maybe the issue.

Enable TV out -
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/endus...

CapFusion,...