Upgrade 256mb FX5700?

treker

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2004

What would be a good upgrade to the fx5700 - max budget £130?

any help appreciated

(xp2600, xp-pro, 512mb mem, audigy 1 used mainly for games)

treker:

> What would be a good upgrade to the fx5700 - max budget œ130?

6600GT

--
Mac Cool

treker

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2004

thanks - have checked out the agp version - unfortunately no-one in my area
has any stock and prices are coming in around £150-£160!!!

PCI-express versions are cheaper - but only have a socket A mobo and cannot
change board or processor at the moment!
"Mac Cool" <Mac@2cool.com> wrote in message
> treker:
>
>> What would be a good upgrade to the fx5700 - max budget o130?
>
> 6600GT
>
> --
> Mac Cool

treker:

> thanks - have checked out the agp version - unfortunately no-one in
> my area has any stock and prices are coming in around œ150-œ160!!!

Well, there is the 5900XT but it's priced close the 6600 and the 6600 is a
much better choice I think.
--
Mac Cool