will pci-e 6800gt be cheaper ?

Im wanting to buy a 6800gt, but im not sure if i should wait until the pci-e
mainboards for amd comes out. Im planning on moving to the A64 platform
anyways. Does anyone know what the pricing of the 6800gt pci-e's will be ?
TIA

"lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
> Im wanting to buy a 6800gt, but im not sure if i should wait until the
> pci-e mainboards for amd comes out. Im planning on moving to the A64
> platform anyways. Does anyone know what the pricing of the 6800gt pci-e's
> will be ?
> TIA

Nevermind. I did some searching and found some pci-e boards that should be
released soon. Anyhow, there going to be like $100 more than agp. So I guess
I'll just go with the the agp.

They will come down as soon as PCI-E is not so new/rare.

"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> They will come down as soon as PCI-E is not so new/rare.

Yeah. But I dont want to wait that long.

lonesw0rdsman wrote:
> "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>
>>They will come down as soon as PCI-E is not so new/rare.
>>

> Yeah. But I dont want to wait that long.

I'm running into the reverse situation with 6600GT's right now. 6600
PCI-E cards run 140-190 USD, however, AGP versions are at least 220 to 260!

It's really due to supply. There's a lot of 6600 PCI-E cards, but not
so many 6600GT AGP's. In fact I can only find 3 or so manufacturers of
the AGP variant currently and of those, XFX is the only one on Newegg.

They should be slightly less than the PCI-E version (less chips), but
due to supply they're not.

"deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
> lonesw0rdsman wrote:
>> "Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>They will come down as soon as PCI-E is not so new/rare.
>>>

>> Yeah. But I dont want to wait that long.
>
> I'm running into the reverse situation with 6600GT's right now. 6600
> PCI-E cards run 140-190 USD, however, AGP versions are at least 220 to
> 260!
>
> It's really due to supply. There's a lot of 6600 PCI-E cards, but not so
> many 6600GT AGP's. In fact I can only find 3 or so manufacturers of the
> AGP variant currently and of those, XFX is the only one on Newegg.
>
> They should be slightly less than the PCI-E version (less chips), but due
> to supply they're not.

Good point.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

HI Guys Dave in the uk here i bought the said 3.4 gig grunty pc with a 6610
vid card and serial ata 150 hard drive unfortunatly it also came with
service pack 2 which spoilt my game playing fun a little also i have had an
awful lot of problems getting software to run on the 6610 video card it
seems most of the older games dont like it and i end up hearing the game but
not seeing it this goes for unreal tournament return to castle wolfenstien
toca race driver and a few more i dont know if its the new pci express
graphics system or service pack 2 also as a small note the pc come with a
built in tv card which you cant remove and which is macrovision
protected!!!.