Upgrading

I have a Ti4600 now, and will be getting a 5950 Ultra 256MB (actually a 5900
bios flashed to 5950 ultra speeds). Is the best way to upgrade the
following?

Uninstall Nvidia display drivers from add/remove
Shutdown
Swap cards
Boot up
Install 66.93?

Thanks!

--
Michael Sovitzky
MCSE: W2K

MJ

> Uninstall Nvidia display drivers from add/remove
> Shutdown
> Swap cards
> Boot up
> Install 66.93?

Sounds good, but do you really need to uninstall the Nvidia drivers since
you are putting in another Nvidia card...?
MJ

Michael Sovitzky wrote:
> I have a Ti4600 now, and will be getting a 5950 Ultra 256MB (actually a 5900
> bios flashed to 5950 ultra speeds). Is the best way to upgrade the
> following?
>
> Uninstall Nvidia display drivers from add/remove
> Shutdown
> Swap cards
> Boot up
> Install 66.93?
>
> Thanks!

You'll have to switch to standard VGA drivers before installing the new
drivers with the new card or the drivers won't install correctly, but
that sounds like a plan.