Fix for Microsoft Outlook Send/Receive Error while using Z..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

This workaround applies to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have not tested it
on any other version of Outlook.

In my case, I found that after I upgraded Zone Alarm to the most recent
version it rendered Outlook's Send/Receive useless for certain email
accounts. To get around this, I found that iSafe.exe was the problem.
While iSafe.exe was running, the Send/Receive error occurred.

To fix this, end the iSafe.exe process. For more on what iSafe.exe is,
you can google it. For now, just know that this is the culprit. You can
end the process by ending the process in Task Manager. To get there,
right-click on your taskbar then choose Task Manager. Click on Process
tab then sort by Image Name to make the list manageable. End the
iSafe.exe process.

Perform a Send/Receive (no need to restart Outlook) and it should work.

Best of luck & hope this helps someone,

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft outlook send receive error
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    <mapaul@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > This workaround applies to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have not tested
    it
    > on any other version of Outlook.
    >
    > In my case, I found that after I upgraded Zone Alarm to the most
    recent
    > version it rendered Outlook's Send/Receive useless for certain email
    > accounts. To get around this, I found that iSafe.exe was the
    problem.
    > While iSafe.exe was running, the Send/Receive error occurred.
    >
    > To fix this, end the iSafe.exe process. For more on what iSafe.exe
    is,
    > you can google it. For now, just know that this is the culprit. You
    can
    > end the process by ending the process in Task Manager. To get there,
    > right-click on your taskbar then choose Task Manager. Click on
    Process
    > tab then sort by Image Name to make the list manageable. End the
    > iSafe.exe process.
    >
    > Perform a Send/Receive (no need to restart Outlook) and it should
    work.

    > Best of luck & hope this helps someone,
    >
    > Mike

    Can't you just disable Mail Safe in ZAP and automatic email scanning
    in your AV? I disable both, and have never had a problem.

    charlie R
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

    No such luck. I've tried that, but the iSafe.exe continues to load at
    startup and prevents Outlook from performing a Send/Receive.

    Additionally, it is worth noting that this only happens to two email
    accounts, both POP3 servers. My other two accounts, a POP3 and an IMAP,
    are unaffected.

Firewalls Microsoft Outlook Outlook Networking