Fix for Microsoft Outlook Send/Receive Error while using Z..

Tags:
  • Firewalls
  • Microsoft Outlook
  • Outlook
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
September 21, 2005 2:34:33 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

This workaround applies to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have not tested it
on any other version of Outlook.

In my case, I found that after I upgraded Zone Alarm to the most recent
version it rendered Outlook's Send/Receive useless for certain email
accounts. To get around this, I found that iSafe.exe was the problem.
While iSafe.exe was running, the Send/Receive error occurred.

To fix this, end the iSafe.exe process. For more on what iSafe.exe is,
you can google it. For now, just know that this is the culprit. You can
end the process by ending the process in Task Manager. To get there,
right-click on your taskbar then choose Task Manager. Click on Process
tab then sort by Image Name to make the list manageable. End the
iSafe.exe process.

Perform a Send/Receive (no need to restart Outlook) and it should work.

Best of luck & hope this helps someone,

Mike

More about : fix microsoft outlook send receive error

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:50:25 PM

<mapaul@gmail.com> wrote in message
> This workaround applies to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have not tested
it
> on any other version of Outlook.
>
> In my case, I found that after I upgraded Zone Alarm to the most
recent
> version it rendered Outlook's Send/Receive useless for certain email
> accounts. To get around this, I found that iSafe.exe was the
problem.
> While iSafe.exe was running, the Send/Receive error occurred.
>
> To fix this, end the iSafe.exe process. For more on what iSafe.exe
is,
> you can google it. For now, just know that this is the culprit. You
can
> end the process by ending the process in Task Manager. To get there,
> right-click on your taskbar then choose Task Manager. Click on
Process
> tab then sort by Image Name to make the list manageable. End the
> iSafe.exe process.
>
> Perform a Send/Receive (no need to restart Outlook) and it should
work.

> Best of luck & hope this helps someone,
>
> Mike

Can't you just disable Mail Safe in ZAP and automatic email scanning
in your AV? I disable both, and have never had a problem.

charlie R
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 11:21:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,comp.security.firewalls (More info?)

No such luck. I've tried that, but the iSafe.exe continues to load at
startup and prevents Outlook from performing a Send/Receive.

Additionally, it is worth noting that this only happens to two email
accounts, both POP3 servers. My other two accounts, a POP3 and an IMAP,
are unaffected.
!