Finished EOTL, thoughts, spoilers

Finished the last story mission yesterday. It took me only about 4
tries, not a hard mission after some familiarization, but rather long.

The cut scene with Smoke was a bit disappointing I thought, nice
buildup towards the two old friends confronting eachother, but it just
ends up with Smoke being depressed and wants to wipe out his old friend
without much justification for it. Atleast Tenpenny shows up in all
his glory in true Samuel L. Jackson style (although if everyone in town
is hunting for cops because of the riots, why would he be in a cop
uniform?), which leads you to chase him down around Los Santos while
he's in a firetruck. I thought the chase would end up at the airport,
like his speech suggested, and then there would be a big shootout
between CJ/Sweet and Tenpenny/Rookies. Instead, Tenpenny just loses
control of the firetruck and just dies at Grove Street...a bit
anti-climactic.

Now I'm going back to do a lot of the side stuff I missed out on, am
only at arond 62% at the moment. One thing I'm wondering about, how to
get the AT-400 jumbo jet out of the hangar in Las Venturas airport.
Those big freight boxes seem to be in the way, and two hits with the
plane and it goes kaboom.

Another thing, in that one Liberty City mission, St. something Bistro,
has anyone tried to get beyond the courtyard at the end of the mission
to "see" Liberty City. Probably not, and I don't have the mission
saved, (can you use a cheat and spawn a jetpack during a mission?).
Anyway, anyone know what I'm getting at?

Happy GTAing

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com wrote:
> Finished the last story mission yesterday. It took me only about 4
> tries, not a hard mission after some familiarization, but rather long.

I finally beat it last week, after owning the game since it came out (PS2
version.) I got stuck on the flying school missions and gave up for a few
months.

> The cut scene with Smoke was a bit disappointing I thought, nice
> buildup towards the two old friends confronting eachother, but it just
> ends up with Smoke being depressed and wants to wipe out his old friend
> without much justification for it. Atleast Tenpenny shows up in all
> his glory in true Samuel L. Jackson style (although if everyone in town
> is hunting for cops because of the riots, why would he be in a cop
> uniform?), which leads you to chase him down around Los Santos while
> he's in a firetruck. I thought the chase would end up at the airport,
> like his speech suggested, and then there would be a big shootout
> between CJ/Sweet and Tenpenny/Rookies. Instead, Tenpenny just loses
> control of the firetruck and just dies at Grove Street...a bit
> anti-climactic.

I wish I could have shot him. It wasn't very satisfying for him to go out
in an accident that Carl would have walked away from with little or no
damage.

> Now I'm going back to do a lot of the side stuff I missed out on, am
> only at arond 62% at the moment. One thing I'm wondering about, how to
> get the AT-400 jumbo jet out of the hangar in Las Venturas airport.
> Those big freight boxes seem to be in the way, and two hits with the
> plane and it goes kaboom.
>
> Another thing, in that one Liberty City mission, St. something Bistro,
> has anyone tried to get beyond the courtyard at the end of the mission
> to "see" Liberty City. Probably not, and I don't have the mission
> saved, (can you use a cheat and spawn a jetpack during a mission?).
> Anyway, anyone know what I'm getting at?

There is, although I haven't done it.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

aa #2133
ap #19

adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com wrote:

> Now I'm going back to do a lot of the side stuff I missed out on, am
> only at arond 62% at the moment. One thing I'm wondering about, how to
> get the AT-400 jumbo jet out of the hangar in Las Venturas airport.
> Those big freight boxes seem to be in the way, and two hits with the
> plane and it goes kaboom.

On the ps2 it's easy to get it out of there, though obviously a little
awkward due to size. don't take any buddies along for a ride it only
seats one!

> Another thing, in that one Liberty City mission, St. something Bistro,
> has anyone tried to get beyond the courtyard at the end of the mission
> to "see" Liberty City.

Yeah, last night I ran through it and it's just a sealed off area

Probably not, and I don't have the mission
> saved, (can you use a cheat and spawn a jetpack during a mission?).
> Anyway, anyone know what I'm getting at?
>
> Happy GTAing

Someone has said you can use a cheat with jetpack to get to liberty
city but you'll have to wait around for instructions as they sounded
too complex for me to bother.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

<adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Now I'm going back to do a lot of the side stuff I missed out on, am
> only at arond 62% at the moment. One thing I'm wondering about, how to
> get the AT-400 jumbo jet out of the hangar in Las Venturas airport.
> Those big freight boxes seem to be in the way, and two hits with the
> plane and it goes kaboom.

I found this quite easy. Reverse slowly straight backwards until the right
wing is just clear of the hanger then steer fully to the right while
reversing slowly, and you should be at the end of the runway facing the
right way to take off.

Rob

sky

Distinguished
May 30, 2001

adrian.swiatkowski wrote ...

> The cut scene with Smoke was a bit disappointing I thought, nice
> buildup towards the two old friends confronting eachother, but it just
> ends up with Smoke being depressed and wants to wipe out his old friend

I agree

> without much justification for it. Atleast Tenpenny shows up in all
> his glory in true Samuel L. Jackson style (although if everyone in town
> is hunting for cops because of the riots, why would he be in a cop
> uniform?), which leads you to chase him down around Los Santos while

Why the uniform ? Don't you recall the last words of agent Tenpenny ?
Anyway .... great dialog ....

> he's in a firetruck. I thought the chase would end up at the airport,
> like his speech suggested, and then there would be a big shootout
> between CJ/Sweet and Tenpenny/Rookies. Instead, Tenpenny just loses
> control of the firetruck and just dies at Grove Street...a bit
> anti-climactic.

I enjoyed very much that ending ... pretty much better that the one in Vice
City ...
It's a right thing that in Grove street started it all (the death of CJ's
mother) and at Grove street finished everything.
Beautiful ending.

> Now I'm going back to do a lot of the side stuff I missed out on, am
> only at arond 62% at the moment. One thing I'm wondering about, how to

Good luck if you have to search the cars to export :)

Bye
Sky

Has anyone considered that perhaps that snippet of LC is underground?

It would not bee too hard to place the map about 100 -150m under and
emplace an artificial sky, would it?

As far as i can remember, the weather was cloudy but not snowing.

BTW, i think that they could have done more with the ending. perhaps a
dogfight (however fantasised) or a straight shootout. Also, i would
have liked to see the garage in SF flourish a little.

In message <1122752392.916249.46880@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com wrote:

> Another thing, in that one Liberty City mission, St. something Bistro,
> has anyone tried to get beyond the courtyard at the end of the mission
> to "see" Liberty City. Probably not, and I don't have the mission
> saved, (can you use a cheat and spawn a jetpack during a mission?).
> Anyway, anyone know what I'm getting at?

Yup, use the 'increased height' cheat and simply jump over one of the
back walls.
Check out the Liberty City FAQ on gamefaqs.com for more info.

I understand now that the reason the San Andreas version of LC has most
of Portland mapped out because it was used in 'The Introduction' DVD.

I think it's so cool wandering around a snow-filled LC anyway, I
*really* hope that R* implement "proper" weather effects in future GTA
instalments.

Cheers,
Roh

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <1122752392.916249.46880@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> adrian.swiatkowski@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Another thing, in that one Liberty City mission, St. something Bistro,
>> has anyone tried to get beyond the courtyard at the end of the mission
>> to "see" Liberty City. Probably not, and I don't have the mission
>> saved, (can you use a cheat and spawn a jetpack during a mission?).
>> Anyway, anyone know what I'm getting at?
>
> Yup, use the 'increased height' cheat and simply jump over one of the
> back walls.
> Check out the Liberty City FAQ on gamefaqs.com for more info.
>
> I understand now that the reason the San Andreas version of LC has most
> of Portland mapped out because it was used in 'The Introduction' DVD.
>
> I think it's so cool wandering around a snow-filled LC anyway, I
> *really* hope that R* implement "proper" weather effects in future GTA
> instalments.

Yeah. I used the "big jump" cheat, too. Gotta be careful, though. Lots of
places look solid but aren't, and you fall right through. I didn't get very
far. Just one street/alley, and a space behind a building.

If you're unsure about the solidity of a certain stretch of ground, shoot it
and look for the impact sparks.

The jetpack is useless in LC. You can spawn one with the cheat, but you
can't get off the ground. (I think this is because LC, like the other
"interiors" is situated high above SA -- far above the jetpack limit.
That's odd, though. In other places in SA, once you make it to a new
"ground" area (like a ledge or the top of a building, that becomes your new
"jetpack ground", and you can climb to the limit above this new level.
Doesn't work that way in the "interiors", however.)

--cleve

"Anroth" <sstar42@eq.edu.au> wrote in message
> Has anyone considered that perhaps that snippet of LC is underground?
>
> It would not bee too hard to place the map about 100 -150m under and
> emplace an artificial sky, would it?

Possible, I'm sure, but I think the "interiors experts" have found it high
overhead.

> As far as i can remember, the weather was cloudy but not snowing.
>
> BTW, i think that they could have done more with the ending. perhaps a
> dogfight (however fantasised) or a straight shootout.

I rather liked how it ended. I think a shoot-out would have been too
expected, too typical.

> Also, i would
> have liked to see the garage in SF flourish a little.

I agree. Kendl was going to help them make something of the place -- then
it was completely dropped.

--cleve

In message <1122850689.240810.22050@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
"Anroth" <sstar42@eq.edu.au> wrote:

> Has anyone considered that perhaps that snippet of LC is underground?

It depends by what you mean by "underground", as falling through one of
the insubstantial floors in the San Andreas version of LC gives you a
really long drop into water.

Cheers,
Rob

TRENDING THREADS