Is Geforce2 MX 400 compatible with a mainboard with AGP 8x?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Hello, everyone,
Is Geforce2 MX 400 compatible with a mainboard with AGP 8x?
Because i am looking for a mainboard ( ASUS )for Sempron 2200+ , i
would like to continue using my old graphics card. But it has not AGP
2x?
Can somebody give me a answer.
thanks.

imde wrote:
> Hello, everyone,
> Is Geforce2 MX 400 compatible with a mainboard with AGP 8x?
> Because i am looking for a mainboard ( ASUS )for Sempron 2200+ , i
> would like to continue using my old graphics card. But it has not AGP
> 2x?
> Can somebody give me a answer.
> thanks.

Generally speaking, GeForce2 MX series can be able to work with 4x/8x AGP.
I believed your MX400 is a 4x card. To verify, check whom manufacturer your
card and see what type or check your card manual [or e-manual] for further
information.

CapFusion,...

"imde" <im.de@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello, everyone,
> Is Geforce2 MX 400 compatible with a mainboard with AGP 8x?
> Because i am looking for a mainboard ( ASUS )for Sempron 2200+ , i
> would like to continue using my old graphics card. But it has not AGP
> 2x?
> Can somebody give me a answer.
> thanks.

Yes it is, I was using a geforce2 mx400 on an abit nf7-s for ages, it just
runs at 4x.

On 8 Dec 2004 10:10:04 -0800, im.de@gmx.de (imde) wrote:

>Hello, everyone,
>Is Geforce2 MX 400 compatible with a mainboard with AGP 8x?
>Because i am looking for a mainboard ( ASUS )for Sempron 2200+ , i
>would like to continue using my old graphics card. But it has not AGP
>2x?
>Can somebody give me a answer.
>thanks.

Yes. I have an FIC AN19c mainboard which has a 4X/8X AGP slot,
and I ran a GeForce MX 400 64MB for a week, or so with no problems. It
just runs at 4X, which is not any different from 8X to begin with.

TRENDING THREADS