Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New challenge

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 30, 2005 11:01:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Start the "San Fierro Hills" race from the back of Wang Cars. When the race
starts, instead of racing the other cars, hook a U turn and head towards the
abandoned airstrip at Verdant Meadows. Drive the car into the big garage,
and get out of the car. The timer is on the screen, so it's easy to time
yourself. I made it in 2 1/2 minutes, I'm sure somebody will be able to
beat that easily.

Your reward for all this? A free Phoenix. AFAIK, this is the only way to
get this fine car.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

aa #2133
ap #19

More about : challenge

July 31, 2005 1:29:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

TV's towelie wrote:
> Start the "San Fierro Hills" race from the back of Wang Cars. When the
> race
> starts, instead of racing the other cars, hook a U turn and head towards
> the
> abandoned airstrip at Verdant Meadows. Drive the car into the big garage,
> and get out of the car. The timer is on the screen, so it's easy to time
> yourself. I made it in 2 1/2 minutes, I'm sure somebody will be able to
> beat that easily.

You could also do this with any garage.

> Your reward for all this? A free Phoenix. AFAIK, this is the only way to
> get this fine car.

It seems the rarest cars are the Phoenix and the Euros. The Uranus is very
rare as well, but one does spawn at the Wang dealership once you pass that
mission that I can't remember the name of. The Phoenix is only seen during
this race, and the mission where you chase the drug dealer from Madd Dogg's
mansion. The Euros is only available when it is listed at the export dock,
in front of the pyramid in LV. As far as I know, it disappears after the
export list is complete.

Any more rare ones?

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
- Maynard James Keenan

aa #2133
ap #19
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 8:08:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

In message <gL2dnYpnS7lMqnHfRVn-2Q@centurytel.net>
"towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Any more rare ones?

What's the car that spawns at Catalina's save point?

Btw, the Euros spawns under the Sphinx in Las Venturas, although you
don't see many of those on the road.

Cheers,
Rob
--
..__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
| / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
| \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 11:42:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> writes:

> In message <gL2dnYpnS7lMqnHfRVn-2Q@centurytel.net>
> "towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any more rare ones?
>
> What's the car that spawns at Catalina's save point?

Buffalo. It's not a rare car, is it? I think I see it fairly often in
traffic.

> Btw, the Euros spawns under the Sphinx in Las Venturas, although you
> don't see many of those on the road.

But apparently only as long as it's on the exports list. After you
finish the list, it won't spawn there any more.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 8:29:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:42:16 +0300, Anssi Saari <as@sci.fi> wrote:

>Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> writes:
>
>> In message <gL2dnYpnS7lMqnHfRVn-2Q@centurytel.net>
>> "towelie" <bugoNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Any more rare ones?
>>
>> What's the car that spawns at Catalina's save point?
>
>Buffalo. It's not a rare car, is it? I think I see it fairly often in
>traffic.
>
>> Btw, the Euros spawns under the Sphinx in Las Venturas, although you
>> don't see many of those on the road.
>
>But apparently only as long as it's on the exports list. After you
>finish the list, it won't spawn there any more.


That's true for many of the Export spawners.
The Mesa will be on the road, but no longer at Chiliad.
Same with the Remington at Unity Station.
During the Export program time, there is a Patriot at
the Easter Chemicals Plant up on the hill.
L0L but everyone gets theirs from the Naval Base
with an NRG, using the Wang's pay n spray.
About the Phoenix, that's a way to get the Hunter if no gold
in flight school as well, or any of the vehicles. The Races.
The Phoenix is seen again in "A Home in the Hills"
driven by Big Poppa. Unfortunately it's pretty
difficult to get him out of that car, unlike most Vagos
who jump out if you look at them sideways. L0L
!