Windows mobile 2003 2nd edition

April 13, 2004 5:23:13 PM

Is this going to be free upgrade for users of the first edition?

When does it come out and does it fix alarms?
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 5:23:14 PM

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:23:13 +0000 (UTC), sam <sam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Is this going to be free upgrade for users of the first edition?
>
> When does it come out and does it fix alarms?

It depends on the device in question as to whether it will be a free
upgrade or even available. Yes, I believe it does fix the alarm issues.

--
Brad Isaac
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com

If you upgrade to say 2003 second edition will a hard reset then remove it
and reinsall the first edition.OR is it irreversible??

sam wrote in message ...
>Is this going to be free upgrade for users of the first edition?
>
>When does it come out and does it fix alarms?

April 13, 2004 6:03:20 PM

Doing a hard-reset would not remove 2003SE,
because it would be loaded in ROM to replace
the old 2003 operating system.
If the SE upgrade came on a CD, then I'd
expect there to be a program on that disc
that allows you to revert back to the old
version.
Mere speculation though.

~S.

"sam" <sam@nospam.com> wrote in news:c5grv6$mav$1@sparta.btinternet.com:

> If you upgrade to say 2003 second edition will a hard reset then remove
> it and reinsall the first edition.OR is it irreversible??

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Does this mean that the software is peculiar to each device?
ie does a dell axim need the upgrade for dell axims.

I can't obtain it from the internet and install it to my device then?

Brad Isaac wrote in message ...
>On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:23:13 +0000 (UTC), sam <sam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Is this going to be free upgrade for users of the first edition?
>>
>> When does it come out and does it fix alarms?
>>

>It depends on the device in question as to whether it will be a free
>upgrade or even available. Yes, I believe it does fix the alarm issues.
>
>--
>Brad Isaac
>editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 6:23:35 PM

You would be dependant on your OEM to provide
you with the update, and it would be device
specific from that OEM.
Dell puts in it's updates what it wants to put
into the updates, additional programs or drivers
for their specific devices.

~S.

"sam" <sam@nospam.com> wrote in news:c5gt55$ojt$1@titan.btinternet.com:

> Does this mean that the software is peculiar to each device?
> ie does a dell axim need the upgrade for dell axims.
>
> I can't obtain it from the internet and install it to my device then?

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
April 13, 2004 7:46:25 PM

Is there an upgrade available now for the dell axim x3 and is it free?
The 2003SE that is

I only bought it february.

ACE!!! wrote in message ...
>Doing a hard-reset would not remove 2003SE,
>because it would be loaded in ROM to replace
>the old 2003 operating system.
>If the SE upgrade came on a CD, then I'd
>expect there to be a program on that disc
>that allows you to revert back to the old
>version.
>Mere speculation though.
>

>~S.
>

>"sam" <sam@nospam.com> wrote in news:c5grv6$mav$1@sparta.btinternet.com:
>
>> If you upgrade to say 2003 second edition will a hard reset then remove
>> it and reinsall the first edition.OR is it irreversible??
>>

>--
>======================
>ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
>OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
>iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
>HTTP://www.xarane.com
>======================
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 7:46:26 PM

Sam;

All your questions can be answered by visiting the Dell website for your
Axim X3.

Bobby

"sam" <sam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there an upgrade available now for the dell axim x3 and is it free?
> The 2003SE that is
>
> I only bought it february.
>

> ACE!!! wrote in message ...
>>Doing a hard-reset would not remove 2003SE,
>>because it would be loaded in ROM to replace
>>the old 2003 operating system.
>>If the SE upgrade came on a CD, then I'd
>>expect there to be a program on that disc
>>that allows you to revert back to the old
>>version.
>>Mere speculation though.
>>

>>~S.
>>

>>"sam" <sam@nospam.com> wrote in news:c5grv6$mav$1@sparta.btinternet.com:
>>
>>> If you upgrade to say 2003 second edition will a hard reset then remove
>>> it and reinsall the first edition.OR is it irreversible??
>>>

>>--
>>======================
>>ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
>>OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
>>iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
>>HTTP://www.xarane.com
>>======================

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 10:33:59 AM

sam wrote:
> Is this going to be free upgrade for users of the first edition?
>
> When does it come out and does it fix alarms?

Where can I find info about the alarm problem? I searched all of the posts on
my news server and was unable to determine anything.

The one alarm I tried on my new Ax3 didn't seem to work, but I figured it was
me. Are they usable at all?

TIA
April 14, 2004 2:49:14 PM

Try a search for "wm2003 alarm problems"
That should bring up a few hundred pages!
I tried wakeup tweak but I don't know how much it helps.

I don't think anyone has come up with a perfect solution really.

I wouldn't say they are unusable but they can be unreliable.

The real Norm <"The real Norm"@socal.rr.com> > wrote in message
<407CDB90.3060404@socal.rr.com>...
>sam wrote:
>> Is this going to be free upgrade for users of the first edition?
>>
>> When does it come out and does it fix alarms?
>>

>Where can I find info about the alarm problem? I searched all of the posts
on
>my news server and was unable to determine anything.
>
>The one alarm I tried on my new Ax3 didn't seem to work, but I figured it
was
>me. Are they usable at all?
>
>TIA

April 14, 2004 4:13:54 PM

I find the problem is that unless it goes into full power mode it doesn't
play the alarms sometimes.

Wakeup tweak forces it to switch the power on as if you had pressed the
power switch. The alarm then goes off.

I haven't tested it over many days but I have tried it today several times
today and the alarms always go off.

Don't take my word for it though try it yourself and let me know if you get
a result.

www.burroak.on.ca/

The above link is for the maker of wakeup tweak.

!