Just looking for some advice on which one I should get.
I play alot of games. Currently playing hl2 and the battlefield games. Ill
be getting d3 soon also. But was wondering should I just get the 6800 or
should I get the 6800gt for future games that'll utilize the 256mb. Thats
basically my concern. 128mb or 256mb ?
TIA

system info

2400xp-m oc'ed to 2.4mhz
1gig of memory
current graphics card fx5900

Ummmm, can you afford it, can your CPU handle it, do you want to play the
new games when they come out.

I think you fail on criteria 2 above so just go for the 6800 unless you
upgrade your CPU.

Cheers.

Pete D

> Ummmm, can you afford it, can your CPU handle it, do you want to play the
> new games when they come out.
>
> I think you fail on criteria 2 above so just go for the 6800 unless you
> upgrade your CPU.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Pete D
>
> "lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
>> Just looking for some advice on which one I should get.
>> I play alot of games. Currently playing hl2 and the battlefield games.
>> Ill be getting d3 soon also. But was wondering should I just get the 6800
>> or should I get the 6800gt for future games that'll utilize the 256mb.
>> Thats basically my concern. 128mb or 256mb ?
>> TIA
>>
>> system info
>>
>> 2400xp-m oc'ed to 2.4mhz
>> 1gig of memory
>> current graphics card fx5900

Well im planning on upgrading the cpu in a couple of months. Probably an A64
3200 or 3500.

"lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
> Just looking for some advice on which one I should get.
> I play alot of games. Currently playing hl2 and the battlefield games. Ill
> be getting d3 soon also. But was wondering should I just get the 6800 or
> should I get the 6800gt for future games that'll utilize the 256mb. Thats
> basically my concern. 128mb or 256mb ?
> TIA
>
> system info
>
> 2400xp-m oc'ed to 2.4mhz
> 1gig of memory
> current graphics card fx5900

2.4ghz I meant

"lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
> Just looking for some advice on which one I should get.
> I play alot of games. Currently playing hl2 and the battlefield games. Ill
> be getting d3 soon also. But was wondering should I just get the 6800 or
> should I get the 6800gt for future games that'll utilize the 256mb. Thats
> basically my concern. 128mb or 256mb ?
> TIA
>
> system info
>
> 2400xp-m oc'ed to 2.4mhz
> 1gig of memory
> current graphics card fx5900
Wait for a bit... if the rumours are true, 24 pipes will be on the way soon.
The 6800 series will then tumble in price... your 5900 will do just fine for
now :)
hth

"fasteddy" <nospam@nospam"100".com> wrote in message

> "lonesw0rdsman" <geo@neo.net> wrote in message
>> Just looking for some advice on which one I should get.
>> I play alot of games. Currently playing hl2 and the battlefield games.
>> Ill be getting d3 soon also. But was wondering should I just get the 6800
>> or should I get the 6800gt for future games that'll utilize the 256mb.
>> Thats basically my concern. 128mb or 256mb ?
>> TIA
>>
>> system info
>>
>> 2400xp-m oc'ed to 2.4mhz
>> 1gig of memory
>> current graphics card fx5900
> Wait for a bit... if the rumours are true, 24 pipes will be on the way
> soon.
> The 6800 series will then tumble in price... your 5900 will do just fine
> for now :)
> hth

I might just do that.