Geforce FX 5200 vs geforce 2 V7700TI

slim

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Hi, can someone give me an advice?

I'have an old V7700 Ti that have to be replace with a FX5200 (non
ultra) by Asus as warranty replacement. They finally admit that the
V7700 cannot capture video on windows XP so they offer me that deal.
I'm not a super gamer.
I'have a P4P800 2.8 Ghz 768Meg ram
Is it a good deal ?

Thanks everybody !

ceebee

debile9999@hotmail.com (Slim) wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:

> Hi, can someone give me an advice?
>
> I'have an old V7700 Ti that have to be replace with a FX5200 (non
> ultra) by Asus as warranty replacement. They finally admit that the
> V7700 cannot capture video on windows XP so they offer me that deal.
> I'm not a super gamer.
> I'have a P4P800 2.8 Ghz 768Meg ram
> Is it a good deal ?

FX5200 is a low range, low budget and thus low performance starter card
for someone who does an occasional 3D game.

I think that the V7700 Ti was marketed a bit higher in the market. Maybe
comparable with an FX5600, if you're looking for an FX comparison.
I don't know exactly, but an FX5200 seems a meager replacement to me.

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> wrote in message
> debile9999@hotmail.com (Slim) wrote in
> alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia:
>
> > Hi, can someone give me an advice?
> >
> > I'have an old V7700 Ti that have to be replace with a FX5200 (non
> > ultra) by Asus as warranty replacement. They finally admit that the
> > V7700 cannot capture video on windows XP so they offer me that deal.
> > I'm not a super gamer.
> > I'have a P4P800 2.8 Ghz 768Meg ram
> > Is it a good deal ?
>

> FX5200 is a low range, low budget and thus low performance starter card
> for someone who does an occasional 3D game.
>
> I think that the V7700 Ti was marketed a bit higher in the market. Maybe
> comparable with an FX5600, if you're looking for an FX comparison.
> I don't know exactly, but an FX5200 seems a meager replacement to me.

Well, as long as it has working VIVO that's as least as good as the card
it's replacing, and as long as somebody isn't into heavy gaming, and doesn't
mind Asus fluffing off a little with a bottom-end replacement for a used
piece of near-obsolescence that was great in its day, it's not too bad at
all---as long as the 5200 is the V9520 VideoSuite, that is, with the full
retail package. If vidcap functions are the main concern, this seems pretty
honorable and fair. If you were to compare the going rate for used GF2 with
the cost of a used FX5200, the 5200 might not look so much like the
proverbial blind date. And the GF2 series isn't exactly known for crisp 2d
quality with most cards...

> CeeBee
>

> "I don't know half of you
> half as well as I should like;
> and I like less than half of you
> half as well as you deserve."

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

It's a good deal they are offering you. I suggest you take them up on it.

DaveL

"Slim" <debile9999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, can someone give me an advice?
>
> I'have an old V7700 Ti that have to be replace with a FX5200 (non
> ultra) by Asus as warranty replacement. They finally admit that the
> V7700 cannot capture video on windows XP so they offer me that deal.
> I'm not a super gamer.
> I'have a P4P800 2.8 Ghz 768Meg ram
> Is it a good deal ?
>
> Thanks everybody !

slim

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Thank you all for your advice !
My only concern about Asus was that they give me
at least , same performance as the V7700 TI plus video capture on Windows
XP.
Regarding your comments it seem that they are fair !
Of course the Gforce FX5200 is the V9520 VS from Asus .

Later on, I'will look for higher end video card if needed.

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de
> It's a good deal they are offering you. I suggest you take them up on it.
>
> DaveL
>

> "Slim" <debile9999@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, can someone give me an advice?
> >
> > I'have an old V7700 Ti that have to be replace with a FX5200 (non
> > ultra) by Asus as warranty replacement. They finally admit that the
> > V7700 cannot capture video on windows XP so they offer me that deal.
> > I'm not a super gamer.
> > I'have a P4P800 2.8 Ghz 768Meg ram
> > Is it a good deal ?
> >
> > Thanks everybody !

I know this is a little in the game, but i own a small computer business, and specialize in building custom systems, my mother enjoys playing some minor games like ie., luxor, zuma etc.. so i had to switch out her video cards, i use older ones laying around my shop, below i have made a little set up to compare older card to some of the newer cards made later ..

Geforce 5200 128MB = Geforce 2 GTS/Pro 64MB
Geforce 5500 128MB/256MB = Geforce 3 ti 200 64MB/128MB
Geforce 5600 128MB/256MB = Geforce 3 ti 500 64MB/128MB
Geforce 5700 128MB/256MB = Geforce 4 ti 4200/4400 64MB/128MB
Geforce 5800 256MB = Geforce 4 ti 4600/4800 128MB

The FX line was Nvidia's blunder, kinda like Microsoft's Me or Vista O/S
during that period ATI had gained alot of fuel even the ATI 9700 Pro was a better choice than the redone FX 5900/5950 Ultra lines, the when the 6000 & 7000 were introduced it put nvidia back on top with their cards having the directx9 advantage and even the release of the 8000 series still giving an edge over at the time ATI X1950 XTX which was still clocked very fast and the first card to use 2000MHz DDR4 ram