capturing video with Asus AV7100

I have:
1) Asus V7100 Combo Deluxe
2) Athlon XP 2000+
3) Asus A7V333
4) Sound Blaster Live! Player 5.1
4) dual boot os: windows 98SE and Windows XP Pro

I've connected the antenna cable to RF In and the three RCA jack to
AV In via the Asus Adaptor. The AV out is connected to the Line In of
the audio card.

Under win98:
1) using Asus Live I can correctly watch and catpure TV (TV tuner) or
VHS (composite),
2) but using VirtualDub or Ulead VideoStudio or Primiere 6 I have NO
SOUND at all.

Under Win XP:
1) using Movie Maker, Asus Virtual Recorder
a) I can watch TV but I have NO SOUND
b) I CAN'T HEAR OR SEE ANYTHING IF I SELECT COMPOSITE
2) using VirtualDub freeze if I try to capture.

On XP I've installed the latest nVidia video driver (66.93) and the
WDM 1.08 (the last nvdia VIVO or VIVO TV will not install properly -
error 10)

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks, Marco

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

"Lauro" <colasanti@XXXmclink.it> wrote in message

> I have:
> 1) Asus V7100 Combo Deluxe
> 2) Athlon XP 2000+
> 3) Asus A7V333
> 4) Sound Blaster Live! Player 5.1
> 4) dual boot os: windows 98SE and Windows XP Pro
>
> I've connected the antenna cable to RF In and the three RCA jack to
> AV In via the Asus Adaptor. The AV out is connected to the Line In of
> the audio card.
>
> Under win98:
> 1) using Asus Live I can correctly watch and catpure TV (TV tuner) or
> VHS (composite),
> 2) but using VirtualDub or Ulead VideoStudio or Primiere 6 I have NO
> SOUND at all.
>
> Under Win XP:
> 1) using Movie Maker, Asus Virtual Recorder
> a) I can watch TV but I have NO SOUND
> b) I CAN'T HEAR OR SEE ANYTHING IF I SELECT COMPOSITE
> 2) using VirtualDub freeze if I try to capture.
>
> On XP I've installed the latest nVidia video driver (66.93) and the
> WDM 1.08 (the last nvdia VIVO or VIVO TV will not install properly -
> error 10)
>
> Do you have any suggestions?
>
> thanks, Marco

Ask Asus to exchange it for an FX5200. That's what Slim did.

DaveL