PIX 515E and Symantec FW

Dear all,
we have installed a PIX 515 Ver. 6.3 behind our enterprise wide FW from
Symantec.
To explain our problem let' take this example:
We are allowing HTTP access only for hosts from our own company LAN.
Therefore any HTTP request from OUTSIDE is rejected as we can see it in
our log. That' fine BUT 2 or 3 minutes later the same request from the
same outside client is accepted because we see at the OUTSIDE interface
now the IP address of our Symantec FW which we trust.
Very strange!
Is there any explanation why this happens?

THX for your help!
Rainer B.
1 answer Last reply
More about 515e symantec

    Rainer.Blaes@space.eads.net wrote:
    > we have installed a PIX 515 Ver. 6.3 behind our enterprise wide FW from
    > Symantec.

    *ROTFL* - Sorry, but this is just _too_ funny *wipingtears*

    > To explain our problem let' take this example:
    > We are allowing HTTP access only for hosts from our own company LAN.
    > Therefore any HTTP request from OUTSIDE is rejected as we can see it in
    > our log. That' fine BUT 2 or 3 minutes later the same request from the
    > same outside client is accepted because we see at the OUTSIDE interface
    > now the IP address of our Symantec FW which we trust.
    > Very strange!

    I marked your mistake.

    Yours,
    VB.