LanTalk and Kerio 2.1.5

Hi all,

I have a home network of 3 computers, and it runs fine : the files and the
Internet connection are shared. But -- yes there is "but" -- I can't use
LanTalk with Kerio Personal Firewall (v. 2.1.5). If I disable Kerio, LanTalk
works.

But I don't know exactly which rule to modify (in Kerio) to use LanTalk and
Kerio together.

See also :
- LanTalk : http://www.cezeo.com/help/lantalk-xp/
- Kerio : http://kerio215.free.fr/

Thanks for your help,

Marc

Marc, I have answered to you twice. Did you received my emails? ( from
LanTalk support )

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hi Marc -

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:57:51 +0200, "Marc Goldstein"
<marc.goldstein@noos.fr> wrote:

>But I don't know exactly which rule to modify (in Kerio) to use LanTalk and
>Kerio together.

First thing, make sure that you are not using the "Deny Unknown" level
of KPF. "Ask Me First" is the best level.

If you get Asked about LanTalk, the information given will help you
determine what rules you need.

If you don't get Asked, then you already have one or more rules
blocking it. Turn on logging for all "Deny" rules. What you see in
the log will help you determine what rules you need to add or change.

--
Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/

-- "psokolov" a écrit :

> Marc, I have answered to you twice. Did you received my emails?
> ( from LanTalk support )

Yes, I do. Thanks, but it's not the same question at the time. I have no
problems with the firewall of Windows XP SP2 and LanTalk, but I have some
with Kerio personal firewall and LanTalk.

Of course, I could disable Kerio, or desinstall it, and keep XP firewall
running... but I would like to understand.

Marc

-- "Ken" a écrit :

> First thing, make sure that you are not using the "Deny Unknown"
> level of KPF. "Ask Me First" is the best level.

It is the case.

> If you get Asked about LanTalk, the information given
> will help you determine what rules you need.

The problem is that I never get asked about LanTalk...

> If you don't get Asked, then you already have one or more rules
> blocking it. Turn on logging for all "Deny" rules. What you see in
> the log will help you determine what rules you need to add or change.

Ok. Thanks, Ken.

Marc