6600GT AGP, 4 now offered at newegg

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:02:51 -0800, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:

>Four 6600GT AGP moldels now offered at newegg online. Getting cheaper,at
>$224. The most expensive XFX is $240.
>
>http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?DEPA=0
>
> ...D.

Well newegg has a weird search feature, because another search brought up
another model, but excluded one from the 1st list I post. The new entry
is a leadtech at $216.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-206&depa=1

...D.

By the way, an interesting benchmark graph for the 6600GT AGP
Not only beats the 9800 Pro for all games listed, but the 9800 XT too
(1600 x 1200 resolution). With Doom3, a huge difference, total kickass
job over even the 9800 XT.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1755.3/

...D.

However here, it shows test with 12 games, 9800 Pro, 6600GT, 6800GT, and
the older FX 5950. It shows test for the 3 resolutions in the 12 games.
Note that the 9800 Pro looks better in these test, and beats the 6600GT is
some.

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041119/index.html

...D.
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:19:44 -0800, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:

>By the way, an interesting benchmark graph for the 6600GT AGP
> Not only beats the 9800 Pro for all games listed, but the 9800 XT too
>(1600 x 1200 resolution). With Doom3, a huge difference, total kickass
>job over even the 9800 XT.
>
>http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1755.3/
>
> ...D.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I still dont see the point of them charging 240.50 for the xfx 6600 gt card
why the 50cents it went from 240.00 to 240.50 in like a few days its kind of
funny if u ask me

Anthony

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:49:38 -0800, "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote:
>I gvess this is the first time yov've pvrchased throvgh Newegg. They are
>located in California. That's why yov got charged sales tax. Kind of a
>bvmmer bvt I've always lived with it. I sent a message to them saying they
>need to give CA people a break on shipping or something to compensate bvt
>they did not respond. Have fvn with the new card. I'm still hoping to land
>a Leadtek from xpcgear.
>
>DaveL

No, it wasn't newegg. newegg was ovt of stock for the 6600GT AGPs.
They're offering 'em & they either don't have them yet, or they were sold
ovt. I bovght from a link I got at pricegrabber. The company's name is
Pine something or other.r Bvt it is a good price at $216, plvs $7 - $8
shipping. Bvt yep, they aren't California, and I am in California, and so
jvst another way to scrape a little extra money ovt of me..

I see then, that if it is a California law & not a Federal law, California
basically svpporting other state';s bvsinesses, and not their own, becavse
next time I pvrchase online, I will not bvy from a company that resides in
California and I figvre in the 7.5 % sales tax added.

Yes. Very smart California. An economy that needs a boost, yet sending
the message to all California residing online bvyers to bvy from the 49
other states of the vnion, and not California.

...D.

Tim

"...D." <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:02:51 -0800, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:
>
>>Four 6600GT AGP moldels now offered at newegg online. Getting cheaper,at
>>$224. The most expensive XFX is $240.
>>
>>http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?DEPA=0

Thanks for the link! Once it's in stock that Leadtek will be mine ;-)

Hey. I thought those were in stock but apparently not.

However, here I found 8 manufacturers of the 6600GT AGP and it says "buy
now" (I going to try to buy one in a minute, after I post this message).

Now, the page listing is tricky I can't save it. It is at:

http://www.pricewatch.com/

You must type into the search engine "660GT agp". because if you only
type in "6600GT" It shows 16 6600GT brands, all PCIE models.

------------------------------

"Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com> wrote in message
>I still dont see the point of them charging 240.50 for the xfx 6600 gt card
>why the 50cents it went from 240.00 to 240.50 in like a few days its kind
>of funny if u ask me

I was reading about XFX models in Europe or someplace and it could be a
special model, like the Gainward Golden Samples. But I can't remember.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

"...D." <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote
> However, here I found 8 manufacturers of the 6600GT AGP and it says "buy
> now" (I going to try to buy one in a minute, after I post this message).
>

> http://www.pricewatch.com/

Watch out! Check out the store at http://resellerratings.com first! Lots of
bummers list on pricewatch.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

The law states that any company mvst charge sales tax in any sate where they
have a presence in that state. So it isn't jvst California. In fact when
Gateway had there stores in different places like here in Phoenix yov covld
order from their online site bvt still had to pay sales tax even thovgh it
was shipped from ovt of state. Newegg by the way ships from 4 different
locations. Most of the time my orders from Newegg come ovt of California bvt
I have received a covple orders that were shipped from New Jersey. So if yov
live in New Jersey and yovr order came ovt of the California warehovse yov
wovld still have to pay N.J. sales tax. And that is how it is.

....D. wrote:

> Hey. I thought those were in stock but apparently not.
>
> However, here I found 8 manufacturers of the 6600GT AGP and it says "buy
> now" (I going to try to buy one in a minute, after I post this message).
>
> Now, the page listing is tricky I can't save it. It is at:
>
> http://www.pricewatch.com/
>
> You must type into the search engine "660GT agp". because if you only
> type in "6600GT" It shows 16 6600GT brands, all PCIE models.

"type"? Click "video cards" and then select "nvidia 6600 GT" for the
chipset and "AGP 8x/4x" for the interface.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:41:27 -0600, "Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com>
wrote:

>I did my weekly e-mail to xpcgear today. Told them I saw they had another
>agp 6600 gt card and they should just give me that one for hte price I was
>gonna pay for the leadtek and that I think thier leadtek shortage is mainly
>due to thier pricing error and that I would complain to the FTC about it if
>something isnt done soon...

Well, AFAIK none of the other major on-line retailers have Leadteks for
any price (although some have started to show them in their catalogs) so
it would be hard to convince the FTC that they have been sitting on a
crate of the cards for a month but refusing to sell them. It's unlikely
that the FTC could compel them to sell the cards even if they were
sitting in their warehouse.

From their web site:

"Typographical Errors
We at eXtreme PC Gear.com strive to provide the most accurate pricing,
descriptions, and specifications for our products; however; we cannot
guarantee that the products descriptions, features, specifications,
depictions, pricing or any information on eXtremePCgear.com is correct,
accurate or complete. In the event a product is or has been listed
incorrectly due to errors in product's descriptions, features,
specifications, depictions, and/or pricing, eXtremePCgear.com shall have
the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order
has been confirmed and your credit card charged."

Fairly boilerplate wording. You'll see pretty much the same at every
vendor's site.

It was too good to be true. It wasn't true. There is no Santa Claus nor
is there a Tooth Fairy. They are not selling a card that's just arrived
on the market for $100 less than anybody else.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

DaveL

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001

"Rich Webb" <bbew.ar@mapson.nozirev.ten> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:41:27 -0600, "Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com>
> wrote:
>
> Well, AFAIK none of the other major on-line retailers have Leadteks for
> any price (although some have started to show them in their catalogs) so
> it would be hard to convince the FTC that they have been sitting on a
> crate of the cards for a month but refusing to sell them. It's unlikely
> that the FTC could compel them to sell the cards even if they were
> sitting in their warehouse.

I was skimming through todays Fry's Electronics ad in the paper and they
have them in stock and selling for $229.99. This is for the Leadtek 6600GT
AGP !!! So we should start to see them everywhere soon, including xpcgear.

DaveL

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

xpcgear has them they just gonna wait till everyone cancels thier orders
before they say thier for sale. I am never canceling even if its 10 years
from now. I wonder if I e-mailed leadtek if they could tlel me if xpcgear
ever got some in hmmmm

Anthony

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:33:43 -0600, "Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com>
wrote:

>xpcgear has them they just gonna wait till everyone cancels thier orders
>before they say thier for sale. I am never canceling even if its 10 years
>from now. I wonder if I e-mailed leadtek if they could tlel me if xpcgear
>ever got some in hmmmm

Anthony, they are not obligated to sell it to you at that price if it
was a typo (the web page coding slave hit the "1" key instead of the
"2" key).

If they had debited your credit card then you might have stronger
grounds... except for the other wording on their terms and conditions
page which you had asserted that you had agreed to by placing the order.

A year (six months? 18 months?) from now, when the street price drops to
the $150 range... I guess you could wait that long.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Legally thier obligated to sell me it at the price that was advertised.
Just casue they have a disclaminer dont make it right. They can try and
cover their road but in the end its all about the lawyers and about the
customer. and going by the FTC page the disclaimer dont matter. and going by
a lawyer I am currently talking to about it typos are thier fault not mine
and I am not obligated to "guess " at prices.

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:33:43 -0600, "Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com>
> wrote:
>
>>xpcgear has them they just gonna wait till everyone cancels thier orders
>>before they say thier for sale. I am never canceling even if its 10 years
>>from now. I wonder if I e-mailed leadtek if they could tlel me if xpcgear
>>ever got some in hmmmm
>
> Anthony, they are not obligated to sell it to you at that price if it
> was a typo (the web page coding slave hit the "1" key instead of the
> "2" key).
>
> If they had debited your credit card then you might have stronger
> grounds... except for the other wording on their terms and conditions
> page which you had asserted that you had agreed to by placing the order.
>
> A year (six months? 18 months?) from now, when the street price drops to
> the $150 range... I guess you could wait that long.
>
> --
> Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

That's good because more competition will bring the price down faster.

>I still dont see the point of them charging 240.50 for the xfx 6600 gt card
>why the 50cents it went from 240.00 to 240.50 in like a few days its kind of
>funny if u ask me
>
>Anthony

Maybe they have a computer controlling increases, based on certain factors.

>I see then, that if it is a California law & not a Federal law,

I think it is a federal law. States are also getting pissed off by people
buying off the internet that are not charged any tax.

I live in Rhode Island and our state law requires us to report purchases we
made on our state income tax that we didn't pay any sales tax on. They call it
the use tax or something like that.

No one reports anything, because It would cost them too much to go after
everyone. They might do it if it was a large purchase though.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

probobly so I thought it was funny though to see it go up a whole 50 cents
lol stil think 240.50 is pricey though when others are selling it for 10-20
bucks cheaper

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:48:56 -0600, "Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com>
wrote:

>Legally thier obligated to sell me it at the price that was advertised.
>Just casue they have a disclaminer dont make it right. They can try and
>cover their road but in the end its all about the lawyers and about the
>customer. and going by the FTC page the disclaimer dont matter. and going by
>a lawyer I am currently talking to about it typos are thier fault not mine
>and I am not obligated to "guess " at prices.

Whatever. When you show up at the attorney's office, be sure to bring a
copy of http://www.xpcgear.com/info.html. You have read it, haven't you?

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I've read it and it still doesnt protect them from lying and false
advertising. Their "disclaimer" as I said does not protect them. Go ask the
FTC about it they will gladly tell u that disclaimers serve to attempt to
protect them but they still have to answer when a screw up does happen.

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:48:56 -0600, "Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Legally thier obligated to sell me it at the price that was advertised.
>>Just casue they have a disclaminer dont make it right. They can try and
>>cover their road but in the end its all about the lawyers and about the
>>customer. and going by the FTC page the disclaimer dont matter. and going
>>by
>>a lawyer I am currently talking to about it typos are thier fault not mine
>>and I am not obligated to "guess " at prices.
>
> Whatever. When you show up at the attorney's office, be sure to bring a
> copy of http://www.xpcgear.com/info.html. You have read it, haven't you?
>
> --
> Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

>probobly so I thought it was funny though to see it go up a whole 50 cents
>lol stil think 240.50 is pricey though when others are selling it for 10-20
>bucks cheaper

It could also be someone spilled their coffee and hit the 5 key by accident.