Half-Life2 on GeforceFX cards: Better Visuals and better P..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

rms wrote:
> This thread deserves more pimping:
>
> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1014127#post1014127
>
> rms

Can anyone report if they've been able to get partial precision support
working on an original FX series card (i.e. 5200, 5600, but not 5700,
5900, those were NV35, 36, etc)?

I've tried on a junky Jaton 5600 without success, but I suspect it's got
a few things wrong with it anyhow (intentionally lower clocks and poor
RAM type). I can't see a difference between FP16 and FP32 in speed.

3DAnalyze _IS_ working, since I can turn on other features like the
counter or forcing a different card, or wireframe, etc, just no sign of
_pphint working.