6600 agp in Feb'05

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:qo2dnaV0D6Y2DF7cRVn-og@comcast.com...
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/editorial/display/nvidia-editors04_5.html
>

> I knew it had to happen. I'm glad. These will sell like hotcakes.
>
> DaveL

I purchased a BFG nVidia GeForce 6600 GT OC 128mb DDR3 8X AGP card at Fry's
in Austin, Tx yesterday for $249.99. Am I missing something?

stratosrally

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I was just about to ask the samething. I thought 6600's were out already....

"Dirk W. Harris" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/editorial/display/nvidia-editors04_5.html
>>

>> I knew it had to happen. I'm glad. These will sell like hotcakes.
>>
>> DaveL
>
> I purchased a BFG nVidia GeForce 6600 GT OC 128mb DDR3 8X AGP card at
> Fry's in Austin, Tx yesterday for $249.99. Am I missing something?
>
> stratosrally

The 6600 AGP ...
Not the 6600GT AGP.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

ahh I see now ah well by then the 6600 gt will be at such leves who needs
the 6600?

"Anthony" <nospawforme@hellno.com> wrote in message
>I was just about to ask the samething. I thought 6600's were out
>already....

There WAS a time when they only had 'em out in the PCI-Express version,
maybe that's what the deal is...

I just upgraded almost every component of my system and it really seemed
that a PCI-Express MoBo and vid card was going to kill me financially. I
went with a AMD64 3200+ on a DFI LanParty ut3 250gb MB and the
aforementioned 6600GT AGP card instead and my wallet still hurts!

But the concept of returning to the SLI days of yore sure has me intrigued.
I once had a Sony VAIO 233MMX with an ATI All-in-Wonder 8MB video card that
I added 2 Voodoo 12MB cards in SLI to. That system played so damn well- even
on some games that it didn't meet the minimum system requirements for! And
the 8MB of RAM on the ATI card was not being used, of course.

I want to see what a balls-out SLI PCI-E system will do, but then I'd get
buyer's remorse over purchasing my setup!

Dirk

> "Dirk W. Harris" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/editorial/display/nvidia-editors04_5.html
>>>

>>> I knew it had to happen. I'm glad. These will sell like hotcakes.
>>>
>>> DaveL
>>
>> I purchased a BFG nVidia GeForce 6600 GT OC 128mb DDR3 8X AGP card at
>> Fry's in Austin, Tx yesterday for $249.99. Am I missing something?
>>
>> stratosrally

bmchan

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2004

The article says that the 6200 turbo will be out in Feb, 2005. Does
it mention the 6600??

Bmchan <bchiiin@spammmm.net> wrote:

>The article says that the 6200 turbo will be out in Feb, 2005. Does
>it mention the 6600??

Yes it does - last paragraph:

"In conclusion about the desktop solutions I would like to add that
NVIDIA also announced that they would start shipping GeForce 6600 for
AGP interface in February. "

> ahh I see now ah well by then the 6600 gt will be at such leves who needs
> the 6600?

The 6600GT is still more than what some are willing to pay. So Nvida are
looking to have a "must have" entry level card, to go with the 6600GT a the
"mid level"

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah but by feburary though they should drop to the 199 level like they were
suppose to. ONly reason thier so high right now is casue of christmas. Just
like the Nforce 4 boards after christmas stuff will drop. 2005 the year I
get PCI express motherboard and socket 939 CPU and pci express video card
hehe

Anthony

> Yeah but by feburary though they should drop to the 199 level like they
> were suppose to. ONly reason thier so high right now is casue of
> christmas. Just like the Nforce 4 boards after christmas stuff will drop.
> 2005 the year I get PCI express motherboard and socket 939 CPU and pci
> express video card hehe
>
> Anthony

The retail market is very competitive at the moment, even at XMAS. In the UK
many shops have started their sales now! I find that only high street stores
have big discounts for the January sales as the internet retailers have
already pared prices down. I bet a few people will thing thev'e got a
bargain in Janauary getting a grphics card from their local games store when
in fact they could have got it for less BEFORE xmas from an internet
discount store!

I've just ordered the Galaxy 6600gt card for £177 (including delivery).
After all even the man of the house needs a new toy at XMAS!

Hi,

In article <YvOwd.55185$yf.11175@fe2.texas.rr.com>,
Dirk W. Harris <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote:

#I purchased a BFG nVidia GeForce 6600 GT OC 128mb DDR3 8X AGP card at Fry's
#in Austin, Tx yesterday for $249.99. Am I missing something?

Yes. You are missing $249.99.

Ken. :)
Mail: kmarsh at charm dot net | Close the VT SVC Ctr boondoggle and
WWW: http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh | return services to local CIS offices!