S-Video noob question

I have a BFG 6800 GT OC and a Sony Handycam with an S-Video port and I'd
like to record video from some gaming sessions but I've never done this
before so I need some pointers.

I have the s-video cable plugged into my BFG and Sony but do I have to "turn
on" the s-video port on my BFG to get a signal from it?

There should be an option in the nVidia control panels to enable the S-video
port... or at least let you select "TV" as the secondary monitor.

It helps to turn on the camcorder before powering on your PC.